Red Devil
Recycler

Re: Interesting article thread

Post by Red Devil »

MrsGSH
Drunken Constructor

Post by MrsGSH »

I'm a couple days late, but as a Virginian, just wanted to point out that it was WEST Virginia. And kuddos to them.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

To the outside world, voting Obama out still looks silly.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Depends on your perspective.
(Loony Views Alert)
I'm now quite keen for a republican victory, on the grounds that they will probably allow my ex employers to return to their native land to continue destroying what's left of its natural environment. This might help protect other less "developed" nations from their attentions and also help turn the tide of anti environmental-anti science propaganda that seems to have flourished in the absence of their continuing highly destructive practices. Bit of a gamble, but I think the American people will catch on quickly once their treasured national parks start being fed to an industry that just refuses to look any further ahead than its next big lumber deal and its very large profits. Shutting their operations down and converting to sustainable practices (forestry) will be a big economic hit though. Better to do it sooner rather than later. There really is no other way in the end.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

AHadley wrote:To the outside world, voting Obama out still looks silly.
And why does the outside world think this? For serious, perspective is not one of our strong suits.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

MrsGSH wrote:
I'm a couple days late, but as a Virginian, just wanted to point out that it was WEST Virginia. And kuddos to them.

maybe they voted for him because he was, unlike Obama...

wait for it...

wait for it...

...a man of conviction. :mrgreen:
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

And why does the outside world think this? For serious, perspective is not one of our strong suits.
Probably because in the past 4 years there have been very few news stories about him or his policies that cause us great concern, unlike his predecessor.
Bush seemed like a scary nutcase and Obama's got big ears, well take the big ears every time.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

MrTwosheds wrote:
Probably because in the past 4 years there have been very few news stories about him or his policies that cause us great concern, unlike his predecessor.
Bush seemed like a scary nutcase and Obama's got big ears, well take the big ears every time.
Wow, I hope to god that most of the population of this planet does not base their decisions on such useless metrics.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Unfortunately we are all at the mercy of those who control our Media. What they chose not to tell us generally remains unknown.
Ordinary domestic US issues are not of great interest to the rest of the world, the international stuff is, when we are actually told about it that is. As I have discovered myself, when the Media's interests and businesses/political interests coincide, we will be left uninformed, even when the risks of doing this are potentially catastrophic for everyone.
We live in a world were wars can be engineered and mass murder covered up for profit. The guardians of our freedom "the free press" sold us out long ago.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

MrTwosheds wrote:Unfortunately we are all at the mercy of those who control our Media. What they chose not to tell us generally remains unknown.
Ordinary domestic US issues are not of great interest to the rest of the world, the international stuff is, when we are actually told about it that is. As I have discovered myself, when the Media's interests and businesses/political interests coincide, we will be left uninformed, even when the risks of doing this are potentially catastrophic for everyone.
We live in a world were wars can be engineered and mass murder covered up for profit. The guardians of our freedom "the free press" sold us out long ago.
If it makes you feel better, if our leadership decided to start dropping bombs on you, there would be all out rebellion in this country about spending money on another war.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Don't worry, your next one will probably be yet another "destabilise a well forested nation" plan. They are very cheap, and the locals get to do all the fighting and dying. I have no idea how its all going in the Congo, don't get any news from there...
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

You and forests...will it take a countrywide bombing to get you off that topic lol

My opinion of forests