My all new improved website

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Lionsword7
Thunderbolt

Re: My all new improved website

Post by Lionsword7 »

*rolls eyes*
Lab was unnecessarily blunt. I mean, like beyond VSMIT blunt.
sabrebattletank
Thunderbolt

Post by sabrebattletank »

YEAH
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

ADMIRAL MANSON wrote:Do a recording.
I don't need to prove anything. Those whom matter know of it.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

Admiral Manson: You know nothing about how a connection to a website works.

Apocalypse said that the site host may be having problems. That would account for the problems we were having earlier. It loaded pretty fast for me just now. Thus, my computer had nearly NOTHING to do with it. Plus, I'm downloading AC:B at the same time, which is filling up most of my tubes.

Therefore, YOU ARE WRONG.
ADMIRAL MANSON
Thunderbolt

Post by ADMIRAL MANSON »

Lionsword7 wrote:There is nothing wrong with our computers. That site was slower than any other I've ever visited.

Language as in insulting. I don't take kindly to insults. They lead to nowhere and just end up with both sides pissed.
I find myspace much slower then cm1s site. I preferably hate myspace more then cm1s website atm since its alot slower.
Lionsword7 wrote:*rolls eyes*
Lab was unnecessarily blunt. I mean, like beyond VSMIT blunt.
LAB?
Nielk1 wrote:
ADMIRAL MANSON wrote:Do a recording.
I don't need to prove anything. Those whom matter know of it.
Ok.
VSMIT wrote:Admiral Manson: You know nothing about how a connection to a website works.

Apocalypse said that the site host may be having problems. That would account for the problems we were having earlier. It loaded pretty fast for me just now. Thus, my computer had nearly NOTHING to do with it. Plus, I'm downloading AC:B at the same time, which is filling up most of my tubes.

Therefore, YOU ARE WRONG.

Im not going to argue on a forum about what I know and dont know. This is a new forum and will not do what i did on BZU. You can pm me if you wish and test me but thats up to you. Yes... may be having hosting problems so not really totally wrong am I in that sense.

AFAIK connections to websites and loading up a website is not the same every hour. It can change quickly and could load different times at different measures or change slowly etc and vice versa as already stated. Things such as DNS, cache, anything else running does hamper anything trying to connect or load up a website in any regards. I would know because ive seen it and tested it.
Lionsword7
Thunderbolt

Post by Lionsword7 »

Lab = Labmice. -_-
Myspace is slow for a reason. Wikipedia it.
Shadow Knight
Thunderbolt

Post by Shadow Knight »

* Are you referring to yourself in plural? I can't find direct references to other people anywhere on the site.

* The layout of the site is not bad, but the mouseover menus load too far away from the buttons and the way the links in the menus are set out is going to get weird when there's more than a couple.

* A few unprofessional wording issues. Avoid words like "Basically" and phrases such as "Whatever you wish to call them". I'd also like to point out that the Cmath2 page drops all pretense of formality and reads like a blog.

* Use descriptive headers, having "ComputerMaster1st Software Studios" in every tab isn't very helpful.

* If you're trying to market yourself as a company (Which is what I assumed the intention was), doing software development in your spare time sounds shady. There's not really an easy fix to this. Additionally, a hotmail account kinda goes against it as well. If you have a contact form, which you do and I presume works, there's little point to a visible email.

* Speaking of the contact form, use a textarea instead of text which supports multiple lines.

I did like the larger text size. I wish more sites did this.

Other than ripping into you for ego or bad programming practices, this is about the most constructive feedback I can give off the top of my head.
sabrebattletank
Thunderbolt

Post by sabrebattletank »

Those whom matter know of it?

Nice :)
ADMIRAL MANSON
Thunderbolt

Post by ADMIRAL MANSON »

Lionsword7 wrote:Lab = Labmice. -_-
Myspace is slow for a reason. Wikipedia it.
Yeah I found out why last year so I dont really need to Wiki it. Could you provide a link anyways for everyone to read ;) .
sabrebattletank wrote:Those whom matter know of it?

Nice :)
:?: :idea: :?:
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

ADMIRAL MANSON wrote: Yeah I found out why last year so I dont really need to Wiki it. Could you provide a link anyways for everyone to read ;) .
Wow, that's a roundabout way of saying that you both don't know and don't want to do the work to find out.
ADMIRAL MANSON
Thunderbolt

Post by ADMIRAL MANSON »

VSMIT wrote:
ADMIRAL MANSON wrote: Yeah I found out why last year so I dont really need to Wiki it. Could you provide a link anyways for everyone to read ;) .
Wow, that's a roundabout way of saying that you both don't know and don't want to do the work to find out.
lol. You obviously have no idea how busy I am on a daily basis. just for instance I have had this page open on a tab for the last five hours and now I just have time to reply to this. Like I said I already know why at least one part of why myspace is slow so theres no telling of the other if they dont know or whatever or dont want to do it or not. That is his choice and or my choice to do it and i already tried to do a search and couldn't find it since I just dont have the time. So instead of throwing accusations around with what you think how about you post a link huh?
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

No. And I doubt you're as busy as me.
ADMIRAL MANSON
Thunderbolt

Post by ADMIRAL MANSON »

VSMIT wrote:No. And I doubt you're as busy as me.

Ok. Try me. How long do you work before you can even touch food? At most I had to wake up at 5 am and did not have time to eat until 5 to 7 pm almost on an average daily basis. If I get lucky i can have time to eat a small snack for lunch with my daily work load.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

ADMIRAL MANSON wrote:
VSMIT wrote:No. And I doubt you're as busy as me.

Ok. Try me. How long do you work before you can even touch food? At most I had to wake up at 5 am and did not have time to eat until 5 to 7 pm almost on an average daily basis. If I get lucky i can have time to eat a small snack for lunch with my daily work load.
You really don't want some people on this board to call you on that, as I know for a fact that at least one member starting with the letter N can dismantle that.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

My day begins at 7A. I wake up, have breakfast, go to school for classes at 8. Morning classes end at noon, at which point I set up a rehearsal space for the school's Wind Ensemble. At 1, I have more classes. At 3, I actually play in the Wind Ensemble. At 5, New Music Ensemble. At 7, set up for the school orchestra. At 7:30, orchestra rehearsal. At 10, dismantle the rehearsal space, after which I take part in a meeting with the conductor and other staff members to discuss the rehearsal and what comes next. Maybe at midnight I get to get food and go home.

And that's just Monday.