Recycler

Re: Economics, Resources

Post by Red Devil »

most homes today are built with compressed sawdust and chips
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Nielk1 wrote:There are in fact many alternatives to lumber. Its just stupid to use them since lumber is better.
Well, not always better. My dining table is made of babies and has served me well for many a fortnight.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Nielk1, Your nation has an "economic" problem that is clearly visible from space.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

MrTwosheds wrote:Nielk1, Your nation has an "economic" problem that is clearly visible from space.
We're better off than some of you. Also, I have the mind that our specific issues currently were engineered for political purposes. These issues did not come from actual product or service based companies but ones that invent money from nowhere.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

It is little different from the currency issue, they are "borrowing" the forests of other nations to maintain an industry that has already bankrupted the arboreal wealth of your own nation. Nobody is getting paid back and the world will go bankrupt if it is not stopped. It is a genocidal pyramid scheme.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

MrTwosheds wrote:It is little different from the currency issue, you are "borrowing" the forests of other nations to maintain an industry that has already bankrupted the arboreal wealth of your own nation. Nobody is getting paid back and the world will go bankrupt if it is not stopped. It is a genocidal pyramid scheme.
That's just patently untrue. Our lumber industry for example is far more regulated than many others, I don't see how you can remain strait faced making such a claim.

If anything we are over regulated, though that is hard to understand with what happened here with the financial industry. One has to remember that right before the issues here nearly all regulations put on the financial industry (and industry that doesn't have a supply and demand system to keep in in check since its product is entirely theoretical) were removed as if to purposely usher in this economic state.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Its not your (US) lumber industry any more. It is a corporation, now multinational, it feeds US (and others) paper mills with the lumber the US can no longer supply because of that legislation. It supplies about 90% (maybe less now) of the world with paper. It is totally unaccountable beyond US borders, The name, is that synonymous with the act of photocopying. They do not like publicity of this aspect of their business and go to great efforts to keep it quiet. Everything is done through contracting and small short lived companies. In the absence of international law there is nothing to stop them.
I don't have much of an issue with "national" industries ruining their own nations, they can sort that out themselves. I have a big issue with this corporation because they are unaccountable to anyone, but still wield considerable political leverage.

What this means for the US is that the money made is not being used to re-develop your sustainable forestry, which is why your government have to do it instead. All the profit, none of the responsibility.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

The point in me bringing all this stuff up, is to try and make you aware that there is allot of stuff going on that you are not told about, allot of big money going places it probably shouldn't and allot of total bullshit being produced to cover peoples fat butts from too much scrutiny. Spotting the blatant lies is easy, figuring out what's really happening is much harder.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Throwing out the word allot so much harms your credibility. Just sayin'.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

I have been holding back...I haven't mentioned the human death toll at all. If the truth harms my credibility, then so be it.
Just seems to me there is this corporation going round causing death and destruction, and their chums with fat wallets who always cover up for them have resorted to a propaganda war aimed at discrediting science entirely. My credibility is not important and neither, apparently, is theirs.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Firefox spellchecker thinks its ok, unlike the terms firefox or spellchecker. :?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Allot means to distribute, a lot is a lot, and an alot is a nine-foot-long bear-like thing with remarkable versatility.