Sculptris

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: Sculptris

Post by MrTwosheds »

No...
I realise that you cannot delete bits, like the bottom of the neck or the eyes, so if you want to make bits like that you will need to edit it in another program, as for the level of detail, the reduce brush and detail slider can do much better than you have there. It looks like you haven't found them yet. Its a free program intended to make you want to buy zbrush, it is deliberately limited in some area's.
Zbrush does not do quads, it uses tri's, the second picture is made of quads...?
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

Yes, I was trying to impress upon you the concept of topology. I made the model in blender, not Sculptris, but I did sculpt it originally from a cube. The point is that you can't do anything with a Sculptris model. You can't unwrap it, you can't properly texture it, and you can't animate it.

Here is a Sculptris model: Image

I believe this will clear things up: http://www.phungdinhdung.org/Studies_pa ... eling.shtm
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

You can't unwrap it, you can't properly texture it, and you can't animate it.
Its a free program, intended to persuade you to buy zbrush, where presumably all these issues have solutions...
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

I understand. I was just naming the issues. The idea was to show you what topology is.