Two Steps from Hell

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Baconboy
Attila

Re: Two Steps from Hell

Post by Baconboy »

DragonForce is not my style. I like alternative Rock, not Heavy Metal.
Although, DF and IM still have my respect. :)
HitchcockGreen
Bull Dog

Post by HitchcockGreen »

Nielk1 wrote:Trailer Music and 'Score' (not soundtrack, I sort of agree there, unless the music is custom like that of Doctor Who, though then it is more a score just being called a soundtrack) are like super genres. The trailer music might be rock, orchestral, or otherwise, but at the most board level of classification, it is of a distinct length and style that it is optimal and first and foremost designed for trailers.

While I mentioned Doctor Who, AH, I have a question. Why is it called a season here in America, but a 'series' there in Europe? Is it that your shows don't have cliffhangers and thus one season can be considered a stand alone series? Or is it just another lingual difference? For us a series is the sum of all seasons, but I always see the new Doctor Whos marked as Series 1, Series 2, etc in the soundtracks.
The original run of Doctor Who ran in what was referred to as seasons, and each season contained several serials. I wonder if "series" is a reference to a whole season as a serial?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

A series in Britain is equivalent to a season in America.
HitchcockGreen
Bull Dog

Post by HitchcockGreen »

Yes, I realize that. However, I noticed the first run of Dr. Who series referred to as seasons, but the new ones specifically as series.
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

I noticed that too.
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

This song, I thought was TSFH, but it wasn't. It was epic and perfect for the trailer, though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKvb4vwyubE