What Have You Learned Today?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Echo 343
Rattler

Re: New Vegas Review

Post by Echo 343 »

Zenophas wrote:That I love New Vegas. I've never played a game wherein I can play as a child with drug and alcohol addictions than give her brain damage to the point where her vision is constantly a bit fuzzy. Also, masturbating with 'y' is a real treat after killing a really annoying enemy. The orgasm is a bit excessive, but amusing and fun none the less. Also, fully animated rape.

I think the best time I've had in a game so far has been in this one: When I rented and used a hooker and killed him afterwards on the bed. I then happily screwed his corpse, chopped him into bits, devoured his flesh, than piled him n a dark corner. All as a little kid. Perfect song for this too.

Amazing game, I recommend it. 10/10
Careful, children. Someone's not being very subtle with their loss of sanity. Sledgehammer much?
Zero Angel
Attila

Re: What Have You Learned Today?

Post by Zero Angel »

lmao. ^truth
HitchcockGreen
Bull Dog

Post by HitchcockGreen »

Zenophas wrote: Perfect song for this too.
I've learned that DFD is far too derivative to even qualify as an homage to warrant further listening.

And while not so much "learned" but more just hypothesis that Zeno's posts aren't so much crazy as they are maybe elaborate pranks.
But hey, maybe I'm the only one that thinks that way.
Would coincide with much of the music...
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

Echo 343 wrote:Careful, children. Someone's not being very subtle with their loss of sanity. Sledgehammer much?
I usually end up clearing out whole villages and whatnot in these games. Usually by blind impulse.
HitchcockGreen wrote:I've learned that DFD is far too derivative to even qualify as an homage to warrant further listening.
Bungle ripoff.
HitchcockGreen wrote:And while not so much "learned" but more just hypothesis that Zeno's posts aren't so much crazy as they are maybe elaborate pranks.
Can you explain this so it makes sense?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Zenophas wrote:
Echo 343 wrote:Careful, children. Someone's not being very subtle with their loss of sanity. Sledgehammer much?
I usually end up clearing out whole villages and whatnot in these games. Usually by blind impulse.
HitchcockGreen wrote:I've learned that DFD is far too derivative to even qualify as an homage to warrant further listening.
Bungle ripoff.
HitchcockGreen wrote:And while not so much "learned" but more just hypothesis that Zeno's posts aren't so much crazy as they are maybe elaborate pranks.
Can you explain this so it makes sense?
"Maybe she's not insane, maybe she's just pulling out legs,"
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

AHadley wrote:"Maybe she's not insane, maybe she's just pulling out legs,"
Excuse me what?
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

AHadley wrote:"Maybe she's not insane, maybe she's just pulling out legs,"
Aha, and his proposed evidence is my musical taste?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

*shrugs*

And yes, N1, I am currently sitting here because I have no legs to stand on.
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

AHadley wrote:*shrugs*
Alright, whatever.

I learned that books really aren't worth the time it takes to read them.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Your just reading the wrong books then. Books are rich food for the imagination.
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

MrTwosheds wrote:Your just reading the wrong books then. Books are rich food for the imagination.
+1
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

MrTwosheds wrote:Your just reading the wrong books then. Books are rich food for the imagination.
In all honosty, in that regard I could agree with Zeno. Books are cool when they revolv around your imagination, but cool enough to spend so much time on it when you can watch the movie in 90minutes?
Educational books are a different story though, what you may eventually be able to accomplish more than makes up for the time spend reading -and- understanding, besides that, I find it entertaining to learn new things.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

but cool enough to spend so much time on it when you can watch the movie in 90minutes?
Movies are low nutrition fast food for the imagination, no internal image or narrative construction is required by the watcher.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

Some may remember from the BZU forum of a thread where I estimated Hulk's downward force during a jump. I can't quite remember what the thread theme was actually about.

So a seed of vanity had me wondering if my post was spotted. 8-) Then humility kicked in when I realized I didn't post my calculations in such detail. :lol: :roll: :oops:

>HULK'S JUMP<
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

I've been taking shots in the barrel with romance novels, erotic novels, and fantasy novels, but most of them keep me thoroughly dis-entertained. It might be a personal thought. but I do believe that EVERYONE is publishing a book these days and books are usually nonsensical advertisement devices. Similar to the internet artist boom that's been occurring. The market is flooded with people's work, because any random kid in his bedroom can produce something and get it out there now, which is nice, but most of the stuff makes my puking reflex kick in.

It's the ideas that matter, when it comes to art. Books do not accurately or completely put forth the ideas that the writer wants to get across. A movie, game, comic, song, or picture can put across ideas and execute them better than any book can. At least, that's my view on it.