Economics, Resources

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Economics, Resources

Post by MrTwosheds »

I would reply about him with a simple smiley, but we don't seem to have one with the appropriate rhythmic hand gestures...
The House of Lords have had an ongoing dispute with Monckton over his membership, as authorities have said Monckton is not and never has been a member and that there is no such thing as a non-voting or honorary member of the House. [7]

In July 2011 the House took the "unprecedented step" [8] of publishing online a cease and desist letter (PDF) to Monckton from the Clerk of the Parliaments, which concluded: [9]

"I am publishing this letter on the parliamentary website so that anybody who wishes to check whether you are a Member of the House of Lords can view this official confirmation that you are not."
He is not a Lord and he has never studied science. :)
Just another phoney political "climate change expert", don't know why he's still bothering as clearly The Liars have won the argument... nobody is taking any effective action, if the worst case scenarios turns out to be right, these Liars may have destroyed humanity.
Last edited by MrTwosheds on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: Interesting article thread

Post by MrTwosheds »

Maybe I should call myself Senator Twosheds and go round Europe pretending to be an American economics expert...
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

MrTwosheds wrote:Maybe I should call myself Senator Twosheds and go round Europe pretending to be an American economics expert...
Best economic is sell-your-family economics.
AcneVulgaris
Thunderbolt

Post by AcneVulgaris »

MrTwosheds wrote:Maybe I should call myself Senator Twosheds and go round Europe pretending to be an American economics expert...
Say things that the teabaggers or tree huggers agree with, and you will be exalted by your faction.

You guys do know that Lord Monkton is Sascha Baron Cohen, right?

God help us if he decides to troll the rabid political idiots in this country.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Look at the state of our country. If senators were economics experts we wouldn't be in this mess.
AcneVulgaris
Thunderbolt

Post by AcneVulgaris »

Zenophas wrote:
AcneVulgaris wrote:Some day they'll come for you, in black helicopters full of black voters wearing unregistered black jackboots. They'll stomp you into a pink paste, then fill out your absentee ballot and vote for that black president.

The future looks black.
Pray to Satan.
If I make Satan angry, do I go to heaven when I die?
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

heh, i don't think so - just his undivided attention, which you may not want...
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Look at the state of our country. If senators were economics experts we wouldn't be in this mess.
As far as I can tell, these days being an expert in economics only requires one essential skill, the ability to be really convincing while understanding that nobody else fully understands what your talking about either. This is probably why were in the mess we are, bullshit helps plants grow too, but it must be dug in carefully at the right time. Dumping tons of it onto your garden just makes a big mess.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

sorry, i don't understand... :?
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Economics is not a science, it is essentially an (unreal) extension of the (real) living environment. In recent times western economy's have been attempting to continually grow their economy's against a background of depletion of the living environment. They are like farmers just piling on more and more manure in the mistaken belief that more bullshit equals a bigger harvest. They have been quite successful until recently, but there is a limit to how far this strategy can succeed without actually putting in some effort to grow and sustain the (real) living part of the economy too. Agriculture, available resources, the ability for any non exceptional person to sustain themselves via their own efforts.
All the effort has been put into making the top of the economic pyramid as big as possible, the base is crumbling under its weight.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Of course, the US is still in better shape in many respects than Europe. I wonder which falls first.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Nielk1 wrote:Of course, the US is still in better shape in many respects than Europe. I wonder which falls first.
Mostly because the 35 and younger generation that is not totally in terror mode isn't all too worried. It's the older gentlemen and ladies with their fingers over the button we have to worry about. All said and done, is everything really that bad?
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Of course, the US is still in better shape in many respects than Europe. I wonder which falls first.
As it should be. Frankly I cannot understand why you are having any problems at all, you have vast resources (well some of them...) huge amounts of land, and considerable wealth. You are simply suffering from poor management and utilisation of those assets.
There is a noticeable culture difference too, I recall my complete astonishment at learning of my ex-employers (US) attempts to persuade our (UK) government to allow them to come and log our forests for us! Its like, What!? are they serious? Mad or from Mars or something? We have had to manage stuff like that for century's, just in order to keep what little we have left. I mean, did they really think we had been buying all that paper from them for over a century, because actually we had loads of our own but just couldn't be bothered to use it? They were so used to the idea of there being unlimited quantities (of forest) they could just buy whatever they wanted and did not need to grow it at all. Bad news...you do or you've got no business.
The whole global warming/fossil fuels thing is probably the same attitude, so much of the political power base is rooted in energy production, that they are just not willing to accept a change to less immediately profitable but sustainable forms, even when it is becoming clear that not doing it is going to become very very expensive for everyone. I guess these attitudes take a long time to change.
Its not a question of who falls first, the (globalisation) leap is made, its a longer drop from the top.
Some of Europe's structural problems go right back to ww2, the global economic problem just exposed some very old sores to some harsh realities. Trouble is, I don't think our current political forms can deal with it, they only know how to do sticky plasters, skin grafts are way beyond their understanding.
Last edited by MrTwosheds on Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Nielk1 wrote:Of course, the US is still in better shape in many respects than Europe. I wonder which falls first.
Economically speaking, Europe is not a single entity.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

MrTwosheds wrote:As it should be. Frankly I cannot understand why you are having any problems at all, you have vast resources (well some of them...) huge amounts of land, and considerable wealth. You are simply suffering from poor management and utilisation of those assets.
Our government refuses to use our own resources and goes so far to demonize the use of them claiming global warming or some other bunk while then turning around and buying it all at greater and greater prices from other countries.
AHadley wrote:
Economically speaking, Europe is not a single entity.
Well, the US is supposed top be primarily 50 mostly independent financial entities simply using the same currency and thus abiding by some of the same standards. Sort of like the EU and Euros, but the government here got too big and got into a lot of areas it does not belong.