iMac!

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

blue banana
Sabre

iMac!

Post by blue banana »

im getting a imac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is so freaking awesome, and i REALLY REALLY HOPE it runs WINDOWS because if it doesnt then i will be PISSED because i might not be able to run battlezone!!!!!!!!!! but i can program some mods probably :D

ooh i almost forgot the website: http://www.apple.com/imac/
Zax
Attila

Re: iMac!

Post by Zax »

First with Halo and get XBOX and now mac? GTFO!!!!!
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

be thankful im not saying much more zax :twisted: it can get even nastier
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

OMG I HAZ A MACBOOK PRO AND I PLAY WINDOWS ON IT. IT WERX GUD.
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

yesssss i can still play bzone!
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Mac: Just another PC.

The advertising campaign I reference is the reason I'm not crazy about Apple products. I can see straight through it.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

Just another PC. Without a BIOS.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Do you never think they might be overpriced, though?

EDIT: To dispell any false impressions, I do see the point of macs. I use them regularly at college. The argument I am making (probably rather poorly) is that I don't see the point in having a mac over a PC when you're not more advanced than the average user.

VSMIT is more advanced.
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

imacs have more quality than regular pcs. higher (possibly highest) speed, more memory, and etc. the imac im getting is very likely to be faster than most of your pcs doubled
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

blue banana wrote:imacs have more quality than regular pcs. higher (possibly highest) speed, more memory, and etc. the imac im getting is very likely to be faster than most of your pcs doubled
Somebody has never heard of scratchbuilding.
Warfreak
Rattler

Post by Warfreak »

Really now?
Do you realize that by investing my time and money into a PC I ensure that if there were ever to be a, oh I don't know, new Nvidia card to come out that I could change it without worrying about compatibility for the most part (Not to mention being able to swap compatible parts to start with)?

Do you also realize that a PC is capable to be bought at an affordable price and upgraded with ease at an accumulative price that does not require one to pour savings into a rig that is for the most part more economical than buying the next Mac (Mind you this statement is only true if your motherboard is modern and if you know where to buy parts).

Do you also realize that if your reason for getting a Mac is because it is (quite literally) the only PC that uses/comes with/can even contain a legit copy thereof MacOS that you have underestimated the amazing-ness of the PC Community to ensure that freeware software exists and that it is at least compatible with free Linux Distributions.

If you realize all this and accept the benefits and limitations, good for you.

However I would like to point out that my PC has lasted me six whole years and will remain "modern" and able to play all new software until probably 2014 (if I'm lucky). The Intel-cored Macs started coming out 1 year after I bought my PC and those Macs are now outdated while my PC is up to date.
labmice00
Thunderbolt

Post by labmice00 »

blue banana wrote:imacs have more quality than regular pcs. higher (possibly highest) speed, more memory, and etc. the imac im getting is very likely to be faster than most of your pcs doubled
PCs can be improved. While the iMac now may be faster, when the newest graphics card or something comes out, the PC can easily get upgraded, therefore making them faster.

Mind you, the iMac is more expensive than a normal PC.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

I want a Mac Pro, which is like a regular tower, with 2 Xeon processors. RAM and video card can easily be upgraded.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

It all depends on what the user wants really,
A pc owner gets a lifelong learning curve thrown in for free... :)
Mac's do what they can and mostly do it without without requiring the user to get a degree in computer science so they can understand how to get it to do it.
Pc = booming tech support industry.
Mac = what most people actually wanted.

You have bz2 running on a mac? it was the only thing stopping me getting one! (ok...well and the cash)
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

AHadley wrote:Somebody has never heard of scratchbuilding.
it is actually impossible to build an imac out of scratch, OS X (apple OS) can only be on apple computers, and i think that is retarded.

@Warfreak: besides the price, imacs have less limitations than the PC. imacs are very modern, updated, good quality, and fast. the good thing is they CAN run windows by cloaking windows and make programs think they are on windows. my computer just broke and im on my ipod. if you had your pc break would you want an imac or a PC?
labmice00 wrote:PCs can be improved. While the iMac now may be faster, when the newest graphics card or something comes out, the PC can easily get upgraded, therefore making them faster.

Mind you, the iMac is more expensive than a normal PC.
yes i know it cost me 1700 bucks. if you got an imac you would think it is screaming fast. yes PCs can get upgraded and i dont know about imacs, but it would probably involve getting a new monitor and graphics card to get near imac graphics. visit the website on the thread starter.
MrTwosheds wrote:It all depends on what the user wants really,
A pc owner gets a lifelong learning curve thrown in for free... :)
Mac's do what they can and mostly do it without without requiring the user to get a degree in computer science so they can understand how to get it to do it.
Pc = booming tech support industry.
Mac = what most people actually wanted.
they are coming out with new macs, and macs can do what they can, a pc can do, and more.