What is the last movie you've seen?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Zenophas
Bull Dog

Re: What is the last movie you've seen?

Post by Zenophas »

Red Spot wrote:Watched 'The Passion of the Christ' (2004) yesterday.

Not sure what to say about it. If you want to be shocked you're probably better of watching a good horrormovie or such.
If you're a diehard religious person, you're probably better of reading the bible, old and new testaments.

Overal a very good movie though, but only if you have a somewhat strong stomach. Not sure if I saw the original/US version as it was in the original languages (hebrew and italian), but it absolutelly didnt bug me and actualy fits the movie quite well.
I heard that the movie was a blood bath. Is that true?
Roscoe
Rattler

Post by Roscoe »

A better title would be "The Jesus Chainsaw Massacre"
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Zeno,

Its not like a horror in that it shoots blood left and right, but a large part of the movie revolves around the Christ being punished in some form. That being said, how the average movie make limbs being cut of with a lot of blood, I find that a lot less disturbing than a movie like this.

Bit of a spoiler below, but it probably explains it best:

You wont see much blood, but by the end of the movie the Christ pretty much has no flesh on his body left.
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

Not sure what to say about it. If you want to be shocked you're probably better of watching a good horrormovie or such.
If you're a diehard religious person, you're probably better of reading the bible, old and new testaments.

Overal a very good movie though, but only if you have a somewhat strong stomach. Not sure if I saw the original/US version as it was in the original languages (hebrew and italian), but it absolutelly didnt bug me and actualy fits the movie quite well.
The point of the graphic violence is to show what he went through. It may be a little over the top, but it paints a good picture of how bad it was.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Baconboy wrote:

The point of the graphic violence is to show what he went through. It may be a little over the top, but it paints a good picture of how bad it was.
Let's not use absolutes and turn this into a religious discussion :P
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

I wasn't aware that I used absolutes, but whatever.
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

I seen myself some Orphan a couple days ago and enjoy it quite muchly. Isabelle Fuhrman reminds me of Gaspard Ulliel from Hannibal Rising. A nice performance. The adult characters weren't very enthralling and the father in particular was totally overplayed as an idiot. This film's twist at the end, for me, killed the movie a bit. I think if they had stuck with the 9-year-old girl scenario instead of the 30+ mental hospital escapee it would've been a bit more interesting. In reference to Chloe Davis or something. More fun and the like.

Makeup was good though. Enjoyable movie.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Oblivion.

I at first thought it might be some sort of movie about the game, seeing as that is populair atm. Glad I was wrong.
Without spoiling anything; if you like scifi, or movies with twists, or survival stories, you're going to be spoiled by this movie. At the end of the movie I was hoping they make some sort of sequal, but I think that thats not very realistic.
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

Happiness (1998) - My sides have left orbit.
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

Iron Man 3

The twist nearly ruined the film. Still good though.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

AHadley wrote:
Baconboy wrote:

Let's not use absolutes and turn this into a religious discussion :P
Historical evidence supports everything in the story except the supernatural bits, so the story is basically historical.

IIRC the US version required you read subtitles, so that was probably the only version really.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Nielk1 wrote:Historical evidence supports everything in the story except the supernatural bits, so the story is basically historical.
But would you watch the movie if the story about Jesus wasnt covered with supernatural bits? Without the supernatural stuff attached they could have made a movie about 'John being killed'. :)
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Joshua is the closest western name to Jesus :P

(Also, there were probably dozens of guys wandering around at the time called Jesus.)
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

I deliberatly picked a 'general US name', not something that needed to be close to Jesus. Trying to make clear that its the supernatural bits that make Jesus interesting and without it you probably wouldnt have known about him.

If God were your nextdoor neighbour you probably wouldnt have faith in him either. 'Hi Bert, how's the immaculate conception thing going for you?' :)
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I've just finished watching Nolan's Batman trilogy, and the ending to Dark Knight Rises is the single most emotive thing I've ever seen in film.