Titanfall Cheaters Will Be Forced To Play Wth Other Cheaters

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Zero Angel
Attila

Titanfall Cheaters Will Be Forced To Play Wth Other Cheaters

Post by Zero Angel »

http://kotaku.com/titanfall-cheats-will ... Socialflow

In recently breaking news, it appears that Respawn (the developers of Titanfall) have been collecting information about cheaters and have a special little hell planned for them.
Q.) So what happens if I get banned?

A.) Great news: you get to keep playing Titanfall! Less-great news: you only get to play with other cheaters. You can play with other banned players in something that will resemble the Wimbledon of aimbot contests. Hopefully the aimbot cheat you paid for really is the best, or these all-cheater matches could be frustrating for you. Good luck.

Q.) If I'm banned, what happens if I make a party with my non-cheater friends?

A.) When anyone in your party is banned, then everyone in your party will be treated as banned for that play session. If you are a non-cheater and you invite a cheater friend into a party, you will be stuck playing against cheaters. If you stop inviting your cheater friend, you will once again get to play with the non-cheater population. You do not get permanently tainted just by playing with a cheater - you are only banned for cheating if you are actually cheating
...In something that will resemble the Wimbledon of aimbot contests.

This is brilliant! :D
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Ded10c
Recycler

Re: Titanfall Cheaters Will Be Forced To Play Wth Other Chea

Post by Ded10c »

And utterly terrible for the inevitable victims of the occasional false positive.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Probably not AH, assuming that cheater identification was based on some sort of protocol analysis, timings and pattern recognition, the difference's between perfect bot input and the tardy variable mess delivered by humans would be really obvious.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

If you can find an anti-cheat system that's never hit a false positive I'll take it into account.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

I have never used one, other than the off button. It would need to be built in to the game/server. My point is that any (bot) program that produced a human like pattern would be so bad at playing it would just be a joke. A few minutes sample of input focusing on timings specific to that game would soon pick out the players who manage to snipe their opponents exactly 0.1000 second after the gun was on target, every time. Rather than the 0.1789 to 0.4974 (or not at all) sort of inaccuracy that a human would produce. Taking a number of readings from critical parameters would allow it to be matched to a Human profile or a machine profile quite easily, programs always end up being repetitively perfect/or imperfect in one way or another.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

That's not how most aimbots work. The accuracy of the system depends on the polling rate, specifically how often the player's facing is communicated to the server. Too low and you get huge numbers of false positives, too high and you clog up the bandwidth.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

They need to do something, and like in the real world, there will always be some innocent casualties cause of the crap done by less decent people.
Better to have some innocent casualties than allow your entire community go down the drain, imo.
The same thing happens all around you in every day life.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

All I know about aimbots is that I have no interest at all in playing against them. I just speak from the experience of having been a tester of robotic devices. If you were to analyze the coms a machine/program would produce regular predictable and exact input-output even if some effort was put in to randomize it at certain levels. A humans would be chaotic, inaccurate and unpredictable. The two patterns would be distinctly different, one programed the other far more randomized-but-successful guided by intelligence.

I suppose the one advantage of the pay to play model is that the game devs would view aimbots as a serious threat to their profit margins and would be far more inclined to protect customers from them than they would with "one sale" games.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

I've had aimbot detections flag me when a mouse went apeshit and made my cursor fly up or down into a useless position... Stupid BF2142 servers.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

And what's the betting EA decided that same algorithm is "accurate enough" and have transplanted it across dozens of newer games?
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Nielk1 wrote:I've had aimbot detections flag me when a mouse went apeshit and made my cursor fly up or down into a useless position... Stupid BF2142 servers.
They trew my out for having an ISO-mounting tool installed. Guess how often I played that game before it ended up in the bin.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

VAC has been pretty good. It's primary method is apparently, or at least was apparently given that this information is now known and such a system works due to secrecy, to search for the call home routines of the DRM in the hacks people bought. Funny that.

The only time I've heard of VAC making an error, other than a child screaming about it and incriminating themselves with their own words, it was several people all hit around the same time and then was reversed.