Swatting

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Axeminister
Sabre

Swatting

Post by Axeminister »

He who does not advance themselves, endlessly becomes themselves.

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/3606640
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: Swatting

Post by MrTwosheds »

It difficult to figure out how to even start commenting on that, but I think he deserved at least 1 of those years just for using that nick. :lol:
Come to think of it, it's probably going to become horribly appropriate where he's going. :shock:
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

That site is satire.

There has been no arrest yet, though the man who was swatted while live-streaming was, by the nature of SWAT teams, nearly shot in the face. Officers were good though, didn't shoot him in the face.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Lets hope they send him a "Swat" bill that he will still be paying off in middle age then. :twisted:
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

could you imagine a swatting of someone playing bz?

instead of the swat team, it would be the army!
yikes!
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

I watched a vid of someone getting swatted during a livestream of CS. It was a bit funny to hear 'terrorists win' while the guy is on his knees and getting grilled by the SWAT team.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

LtFEED wrote:could you imagine a swatting of someone playing bz?

instead of the swat team, it would be the army!
yikes!
The game in question is irrelevant, there is only really one type of SWAT team and a few types of tactics. With calls like this they clear the building. In a residence, they normally try to get information and then wait for the person to walk out unawares. Unless the call is particularly dire, then they will storm the residence.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

Charge the child. . .or the parents, the cost of the raid, (probably around 5-8K) and give the kid 6 months in a juvie center, or 6 months in county lockup if an adult. That might help curb the trend.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I don't get the idea of punishing parents for their child's idiocy. Seems stupid to me. Kids can go off the rails even with perfectly good parenting.

The kid being forced to pay it off later in life, though, that's something I can get behind.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

Very common in the US to fine the parents for their children's vandalism or property damage.

Of course I suppose you could be "smart" and pass off the damages to the taxpayer. . . :roll:
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Still not seeing how it's the parents' fault. Either have the kid pay for it or, if they can't afford to, get the state to do it, then force them to reimburse it.

And let's be honest, how often is the fine the cost of repairing the damage?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

It's also common to arrest parents for letting their kid ride a bike down the street and out of sight. Welcome to America in 2014.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Nielk1 wrote:It's also common to arrest parents for letting their kid ride a bike down the street and out of sight. Welcome to America in 2014.
...this is a crime how? Brings jaywalking to mind. Apparently your government thinks you can't cross the road like adults.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

AHadley wrote:
Nielk1 wrote:It's also common to arrest parents for letting their kid ride a bike down the street and out of sight. Welcome to America in 2014.
...this is a crime how? Brings jaywalking to mind. Apparently your government thinks you can't cross the road like adults.
Our government is more apt to police us for the frivolous than themselves for the abhorrent. It's a problem.

And no, it's not a crime, but they just hand wave child endangerment.
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

I think it makes an impression enough to put immature gamers in their place. Sure, someone was shot, but the S.W.A.T. didn't know any better - they were following up what they believed to be a legitimate threat. I would hope the S.W.A.T. would be damn good at capturing bad guys and disarming bombs and jumping out of helicopters and heel-kicking people into bottomless pits and stuff.

In this situation specifically - same rules apply to hacking or digital security trespassing/theft (essentially the same sentence as well). If your going to do it, do it anonymously. Calling in a false threat when the Authorities can track it directly back to you (or if your "Foe" can in the Court Of Law) is an automatic fail. Sobbing in court - automatic fail. Thinking watching streamers getting arrested is funny and your drive to do it - automatic fail (cause if you're part of the viewers, you're part of the suspects).

Welcome to America, indeed. Making a statement using the Patriot Act - while abused a lot of the time - in this situation shows the children how age is less of a concern to the legal system to doing stupid sh*t. Less be the excuse "I'm under 18, so I can do whatever I like.".

I'd argue the sentencing maybe - but when I was 15 I wasn't that stupid. He'll do 18 or less and get out on good behavior.