BZ3: Genesis

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Baconboy
Attila

Re: BZ3: Genesis

Post by Baconboy »

Maintenance? Like they're redesigning the site?
Honda
Drunken Scav

Post by Honda »

Upgrading the site as far as i know..
Honda
Drunken Scav

Post by Honda »

Upgrading the site as far as i know..
HitchcockGreen
Bull Dog

Post by HitchcockGreen »

Personal opinion on the storyline....

I know it was said that the look was based on BZ but it sort of ends there and it's more of a standalone...correct?

For your consideration:

It's BZ post-BZ2 when resources are nearly gone. Just a thought.
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

thanks Iron Maiden! the story line needs work and we need help!

heres the link to the new website for BZ3. we have had a huge increase in memberships and activity on the site, which required a server switch. Also, we had to take the word 'battlezone' out of the web address to avoid any conflicts with activison. ALso, we just about have a working game, RAVEgun is reformatting the forums to make it more 'development' oriented.
-LtF
Last edited by LtFEED on Thu May 12, 2011 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

This is sadly not the first time I've seen people spell "huge" as hugh. How does that even sound right when sounded out?
Feenix

Post by Feenix »

LtFEED wrote:thanks Iron Maiden! the story line needs work and we need help!

heres the link to the new website for BZ3. we have had a huge increase in memberships and activity on the site, which required a server switch. Also, we had to take the word 'battlezone' out of the web address to avoid any conflicts with activison. ALso, we just about have a working game, RAVEgun is reformatting the forums to make it more 'development' oriented.
-LtF
What's the new link?
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

The sites new address is: www.bz3genesis.com. RAVEgun is getting the new server set up hopefully by this weekend. Im testing the P-alpha this weekend and hopefuly when the sites fully operational, we'll have the next P-Alpha running also.
:D
BZROM
Scrap

Re: BZ3: Genesis// Server Down

Post by BZROM »

Indications are:: this current event has been on-going since late 5/7/11 there is a history of server failure ,and speculation of new server acquisition. BZ
RAVEgun 5/11/11
Dear members, recently the server collapsed under the immense amount of traffic due to the increase in acitivity that our project had been seeing lately. I never expected it to grow this fast! :P I'm so sorry to have gotten to this so late. Right now I'm restoring the project as we speak. No data has been lost, but in migrating it to a more powerful server (I know I should have done this way earlier. University has left me practically no spare time to work on this) I'm facing one obstacle after another. I won't abondon you guys! I'll have it up (hopefully along with the new facilities) soon!
Keep Informed:[url]htttp://www.bz3genesis.org[/url]
Updates will be posted as made available on the UPDATES page. :!:
BZ
Last edited by BZROM on Fri May 13, 2011 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

First rule in server building:

All server-building rules will be broken, starting at step 1.
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

How long do you think it'll be out LtF/BZROM?
I like how the new server (or server timeout) is using the new logo.
I requested a while ago about making a new website with updated logos and updated pictures, BUT keeping the same members, so everyone doesn't have to register all over again.
BZROM
Scrap

Post by BZROM »

LtFEED wrote:Agreed, most of the BZ1 boys dislike BZ2. I make sure that if any idiot from the "BZ1 world" makes a hate post at BZ3 about BZ2, that it is dealt with immediatly or the post is deleted and the member is banned. One thing i dont tolerate at the BZ3 forums is haters.

-LtF
I would have to concur with this.
after having worked first hand wih the developers, I come away with this same impression.

I'm what you call a "bz1 fanboy"
it's my understanding
the developer team works with inclusiveness in regards to project outcome. :)

BZ
Firestorm29
Rattler

Post by Firestorm29 »

[quote="Shadow Knight"e]
I'd like to point out to you lot before you get too stuck into this, my main problem with BZ1 was that to order 5 units to do something you had to select one unit, order it, select another, order it, etc. Especially that you had to reselect the category otherwise. Easymode from your current design since I noticed shift does nothing yet. Perhaps think about using shift to allow yourself to select multiple units then moving on to the order screen by releasing shift or something to that effect.[/quote]

In BZ1, you can use F1-F5 (or F5 I think?) as command groups the same way you would in any other RTS actually. Something they don't mention much.

Though, for the command UI, might I suggest a hybrid allowing players to select individual units in a BZ2-style. So I could do something like F1 to select my scavengers then use something like Ctrl+1 to select the first one in the group? Only real gripe I had about BZ2's set-up was I couldn't seem to mix units and sometimes I couldn't give a few units in a group a command rather than the whole force.
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

About the F1-5.
My computer has set buttons like F11 = Email, so if I press F11, it'll pull up Email.
So I like BZ1's command interface much better.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I would be highly suprised if that were impossible to disable.