BZ3: Genesis

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

GSH
Patch Creator

Re: BZ3: Genesis

Post by GSH »

About the F1-5.
My computer has set buttons like F11 = Email, so if I press F11, it'll pull up Email.
Look for a F-lock key on your keyboard. If present, that'll make F1..F12 be and do what they say. You just need to hit F-lock once per bootup; the idiot keyboard manufacturers who can't make F-lock be the default on startup need to be slapped around a bit.

If your keyboard makes F11 email, and you don't have a F-lock button on your keyboard, then take a trip out to your local Best Buy, Staples/Office Depot/OfficeMax (or office supplies store), Fry's, or other computer store, and get a keyboard that doesn't stink. Such a keyboard is designed for idiots who can't figure our their computers; gamers deserve and should demand better.

-- GSH
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

Usually I just don't use F10 or F11 in multiplayer matches.
If I have to, I use them and exit out of Email or Theopolis.
BZROM
Scrap

Post by BZROM »

5/14/11
Aaargh, I'm so infinitely sorry it took me so long to get us back up. Please forgive me

In restoring and backing everything up I encountered one obstacle after another. Lots has improved now, and more changes of the major update are to come. More later. I really need some sleep!

RAVEgun

http://forum.bz3genesis.com/bz3/

BZ
Feenix

Post by Feenix »

LtFEED wrote:The sites new address is: http://www.bz3genesis.com. RAVEgun is getting the new server set up hopefully by this weekend. Im testing the P-alpha this weekend and hopefuly when the sites fully operational, we'll have the next P-Alpha running also.
:D
Thanks LT, I got it and deleted the old link. BTW, I've found and installed an Unreal ASE exporter in Truespace. I also found several other Unreal exporters like a PSA, PSK and 2 older UR formats as well.
BZROM
Scrap

Post by BZROM »

BZ3:Genesis P_Alpha Test Rev 2 is Released!!

UPDATES

BZ
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

I'm putting it up on BZScrap now! :D
Shadow Knight
Thunderbolt

Post by Shadow Knight »

Does it deserve a place on bzscrap? This is in "Other Games", after all.
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

It's in my personal space. I can put anything BZ related in it.
I'm excited for this project and I'm going to put it up. Well, I already put it up.
Honda
Drunken Scav

Post by Honda »

We are now brainstorming ideas on how to make dogfighting and wingmen control more tactical and dynamic.. We would love to kill the previous and outdated point, shoot, point, shoot techniques of the older Battlezones, well its 2011 now and we cannot settle for this..

Our next pre-alpha is going to involve smoothing out and fixing the defects we saw in the previous release... Along with the addition of necessary elements to make it a functional game..

For now we im digging stuff about real life tank tactics we can actually make use of..
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

I would suggest a more in depth control interface for AI craft than what BZ uses now. For example, be able to for a squad and give them a patrol path either by pre-definition of said path or another method, telling units to stay together and having them do it, being able to place a unit somewhere and tell it to 'wait to pounce' until an enemy is in a certain area (to make flanks).

I think some of these would be doable using a basic menu for the BZ1/BZ2 like actions but supply an 'advanced maneuvers' system when you press and hold that button and use a standard rotary interface to pick the specific action or get a plain old sub menu. Since these are more pre-planned actions, they would tend to allow you to take a moment instead of 'heat of the battle' button mashing.

Some of these are basically multi-waypoint actions. Like saying 'wait here' till 'enemy here'. Some units could even be given the ability to hide in some way, activate Red-Field or VIR when enemies are close but not yet in the 'pounce' area. (Oh, and re-setting post pounce would be good too.)

Basically, if you want improved command, you need a way to give complex orders to a unit quickly and easily. Stuff like 'work as a group, if ammo<X re-arm at Y, if hull<X repair at Z, patrol path W, assist areas if under attack listed: X,Y,Z'. Then the system becomes as equally about pre-planning as it does about live action command.

However, people might not like this and might prefer to have pure real-time command over their units only instead. As you/they are making a new game, there is a chance to test functionality like this.
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

Heres some quick renders of the animation seqs for the Turret and the Recylcer Models:

http://www.youtube.com/user/LtFEED?feat ... hzWdKm74kE

and

http://www.youtube.com/user/LtFEED?feat ... m9LEQUAXNk

-LtF
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

Those are pretty good in my opinion. Perhaps a little more complexity for the final versions. I like small samples like this. You should post more.
rice303
Rattler

Post by rice303 »

I think the link is broken I tried the link several times and typed in google BZ3 Genesis demo and every site I tried that had it would say sorry the link has been removed.
rice303
Rattler

Post by rice303 »

Also how much ram would the demo need to run?
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

rice303 wrote:Also how much ram would the demo need to run?
This fellow can tell you.