Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

User avatar
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler
Posts: 2400
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:37 am
Contact:

Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Postby General BlackDragon » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:58 pm

GSH wrote:"The last 10% of the project takes the other 90% of the time."
-- GSH


This is so true.

Ages ago, back in 2007, Avatar's Signature image said BZC's assets were 99% complete. When I started working on it, they were *created*, but fine tuning is still going on today.

Since the B3 release a year ago, I've been working on optimizing the code and a hand full of new features. That last bit of bug testing / fine tuning is still taking the most time.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****

User avatar
coxxon
Sabre
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Postby coxxon » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:35 pm

GSH wrote:One thing I've learned over time in this industry, and partly why crunch time happens:
"The last 10% of the project takes the other 90% of the time."
Looks like you think you're just about done. Think again.
-- GSH

Good lord, ain't that the truth. I've been two weeks away from a mod release for almost three months now. :shock:

User avatar
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler
Posts: 2400
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:37 am
Contact:

Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Postby General BlackDragon » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:07 pm

And that's before about 10 brilliant ideas. :)
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****

User avatar
blue banana
Sabre
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:08 pm
Location: Banana Land, UTC−6:00 MDT
Contact:

Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Postby blue banana » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:45 pm

LtFEED wrote:yep, thats what I thought. no one played the game, yet everyone is an expert!

From what I see "the game" isn't worth playing because it doesn't exist. When you've made one, let us know. Otherwise I'm perfectly happy waiting for you to get your essential content made- I was doing it for an easy 3 years.

If it's any consolation, the 'Platoon Studios' has a lot of room for improvement. As do we all.

User avatar
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler
Posts: 2400
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:37 am
Contact:

Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Postby General BlackDragon » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:06 pm

I fear that when LtFeed reads those kind of replies, all he see's are insults instead of advice. :(
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****

User avatar
DuoRanger
Thunderbolt
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:02 am
Location: in your mother's house

Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Postby DuoRanger » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:07 pm

Also BZ is being remade atm, Collins or Shabayev knows how Ken and Arkin are working on that ATM, and how long it will take

User avatar
Ded10c
Recycler
Posts: 3785
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:05 am
Location: Stafford
Contact:

Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Postby Ded10c » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:26 pm

Using the Battlezone name as LtFeed currently is is decidedly unwise given the current situation.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!

User avatar
LtFEED
Thunderbolt
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Postby LtFEED » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:14 am

Just got done redoing the vehicle interiors:

Were moving as much of the RTS elements into the vehicle dash boards as we can:

https://youtu.be/RsCC2m8UE6k

User avatar
TheJamsh
Bull Dog
Posts: 687
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Postby TheJamsh » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:49 pm

Slightly OT here because my google search landed me a few pages backwards... But I don't suppose anybody fancies putting me in contact with Reveomag / Mike do they? Keen to speak to him about what they're doing, they're handing out private beta's with NDA's at the moment so I'd be keen to see if I could get in on that.

Unlikely of course, but I'd like to at least put myself on their radar with what I'm doing as well.
Developer @ Stormtide
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2350#p40547 << My UE4 Battlezone Project

ModDB - Battlezone II Unofficial Expansion Pack


User avatar
TheJamsh
Bull Dog
Posts: 687
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Postby TheJamsh » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:04 pm

I can't post there, probably banned for some ridiculous reason from 10+ years ago knowing the folks that own that forum..
Developer @ Stormtide
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2350#p40547 << My UE4 Battlezone Project

ModDB - Battlezone II Unofficial Expansion Pack

User avatar
DuoRanger
Thunderbolt
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:02 am
Location: in your mother's house

Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Postby DuoRanger » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:29 am

i'll wait until i see the results

Also the Game is up already on the Steam database

User avatar
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler
Posts: 2400
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:37 am
Contact:

Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Postby General BlackDragon » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:50 pm

It'd me more useful to participate early.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****

User avatar
TheJamsh
Bull Dog
Posts: 687
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Postby TheJamsh » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:58 pm

DuoRanger wrote:i'll wait until i see the results

Also the Game is up already on the Steam database


Which game? Link?
Developer @ Stormtide
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2350#p40547 << My UE4 Battlezone Project

ModDB - Battlezone II Unofficial Expansion Pack

User avatar
DuoRanger
Thunderbolt
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:02 am
Location: in your mother's house

Re: Bionite: Origins needs Support!

Postby DuoRanger » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:24 pm

TheJamsh wrote:
DuoRanger wrote:i'll wait until i see the results

Also the Game is up already on the Steam database


Which game? Link?

https://steamdb.info/search/?a=sub&q=Battlezone


Return to “Other Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests