Fleshstorm for PB6

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Ded10c
Recycler

Fleshstorm for PB6

Post by Ded10c »

Seeing as nobody else around here seems to be doing it, I am beginning the process of updating Fleshstorm 1 to function correctly on PB6. This will no doubt be much easier than updating something like Forgotten Enemies (thankfully), but may be a significant task and take some time. I've already fixed one AV caused by the legal screens (which I can't explain as no such things existed before PB6).

I shall start work properly tomorrow morning and shall upload it once I have finished. Feedback will be much appreciated.

The new version of Fleshstorm will include the work Commando did in the unofficial patches, and may also include some of my own extras.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Re: Fleshstorm for PB6

Post by Nielk1 »

I hope to work with you on possibly optimizing the asset flow for modularization.
Iron Maiden
Sabre

Post by Iron Maiden »

When I have some spare time, and the will to be utterly destroyed by swarms of swarm, I will be delighted to try it. Best of luck to you.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

AHadley wrote:Seeing as nobody else around here seems to be doing it, I am beginning the process of updating Fleshstorm 1 to function correctly on PB6. This will no doubt be much easier than updating something like Forgotten Enemies (thankfully), but may be a significant task and take some time. I've already fixed one AV caused by the legal screens (which I can't explain as no such things existed before PB6).

I shall start work properly tomorrow morning and shall upload it once I have finished. Feedback will be much appreciated.

The new version of Fleshstorm will include the work Commando did in the unofficial patches, and may also include some of my own extras.
Suggestion for extra:

Add sound to cutscenes :)
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

They do seem a bit empty, don't they? The intro is quite dull without any sound :/

I'll crack open bink tools and see what I can do. (Also need to install my headset mic)
Sabre Tank
Thunderbolt

Post by Sabre Tank »

Sweet, Fleshstorm. One of my favorites. I am looking forward to this..
squirrelof09
Sabre

Post by squirrelof09 »

ahadley, need space on bzscrap.org?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Probably would be nice. If I get an account, I'll have to put the reverse scriptor up there too.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Quick progress update.

Fleshstorm now works on PB6 as far as one guy can tell. All that is left to do now is optimisations (briefings, voice overs, and possibly cutscenes) before I can release something for the public to break.

This is the part you all get to join in on.

The following people are needed:

- Somebody who can run FS1 and Fraps at the same time with a decent framerate (unlike me) and decent resolution. Should be able to contact me on MSN or similar, and have a creative and imaginative mind.

- Voice actor for Lt. Harker. Only needs a few lines recording once I've scripted the part out.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

AHadley wrote:Quick progress update.

Fleshstorm now works on PB6 as far as one guy can tell. All that is left to do now is optimisations (briefings, voice overs, and possibly cutscenes) before I can release something for the public to break.

This is the part you all get to join in on.

The following people are needed:

- Somebody who can run FS1 and Fraps at the same time with a decent framerate (unlike me) and decent resolution. Should be able to contact me on MSN or similar, and have a creative and imaginative mind.

- Voice actor for Lt. Harker. Only needs a few lines recording once I've scripted the part out.
Wasn't FS known for HORRIBLY written briefings, etc? Uhg. That's not even going to be remotely easy to fix. Make sure swarm isn't snipable ;)
labmice00
Thunderbolt

Post by labmice00 »

Zax wrote: Wasn't FS known for HORRIBLY written briefings, etc? Uhg. That's not even going to be remotely easy to fix. Make sure swarm isn't snipable ;)
I found the snipable swarm in SP strange, since the swarm in IA and Multi were unsnipable. Do the swarm use different ODFs in SP?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Zax wrote: Wasn't FS known for HORRIBLY written briefings, etc? Uhg. That's not even going to be remotely easy to fix. Make sure swarm isn't snipable ;)
labmice00 wrote: I found the snipable swarm in SP strange, since the swarm in IA and Multi were unsnipable. Do the swarm use different ODFs in SP?
FS's briefings don't say anything that's wrong aside from saying the probe is indestructable - the story flows nicely. The work there is mostly fixing grammar.

The Swarm do indeed use different ODFs for MP. I can simply go through the SP ones and add an ODF flag where applicable.
Shadow Knight
Thunderbolt

Post by Shadow Knight »

AHadley wrote: - Voice actor for Lt. Harker. Only needs a few lines recording once I've scripted the part out.
I'll be willing to give this a shot. I have to record some stuff for my course anyway.

My voice isn't great, but it's better than nothing.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

I could make a nice bloody effect for the building of swarm units... may as well optimize and improve on the original while we are there!
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

TheJamsh wrote:I could make a nice bloody effect for the building of swarm units... may as well optimize and improve on the original while we are there!
Most important thing as far as that goes are proper gibs. Any other consideration is secondary, but feel free to drop whatever in.

EDIT: FS09 is nearly finished from its incomplete state in previous patches, FS10 is coming along nicely. I'm trying to stick to the original wherever possible, but there are some areas where I just can't leave things as they are (I really can't let that last map go to waste).