HQ Textures

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: HQ Textures

Post by MrTwosheds »

For some reason I do have to edit the mesh materials list and swap over all the 0 and 1 values that are exported by max, once I have done this the team colors are only displayed on those with value 1. Still not quite sure why it doesn't work the other way round.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

MrTwosheds wrote:
But cutting the mesh along texture lines you also cause your colonizations to only be correct for the default skin.
Sorry? in english? :)
Not cutting any mesh's
Yes, yes you have to cut the mesh to give those parts you want to color a different texture. To not color a texture, you simply do not provide a C# texture. Nothing you have said means anything at all in relation to this unequivocal fact. I am already speaking English so perhaps you should read it again and think a bit before replying again.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Load a model in max, select some polygons or faces on a single mesh, apply another texture to it. Export as xsi.
the exported single mesh will come out with 2 Si_material entrys, one under the other.
and
MeshMaterialList {
2;
130;
will come out with 1's in it for those selected area's. this makes the xsi show 2 textures on different parts of a single mesh.
It seems to be important to BZ2 that the one with mytextureC0.dxtbz2 is not the primary 0 texture or it is still drawn over all the polys.
It works....
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

It doesn't matter if that works that has NO BEARING on this!

IT IS IRRELEVANT!

We are talking about the variable application of team colors to the same texture on the SAME MESH.. Yes, SAME MESH. What you are talking about is so irrelevant it is astonishing you continue to go on about it. Weather or not a texture has the team skins applies is ENTIRELY IRRELEVANT HERE. We are not talking about selecting applying the coloring to one mesh and not another, we are talking about selectively applying it to the SAME MESH. And unless you found a magical way to apply textures independent of the polygon lines, what you are saying is entirely useless to this end and frankly a hack you are lucky works and might not continue to work.

Do NOT think I do not understand you, I understood you from the beginning, I've known about this little bug for a long time, but it has NO BEARING on this. So again, read what was said and THINK ABOUT IT. You are going on about something that DOESN'T MATTER, and the last thing we need to do is put people on wild goose chases on something that DOESN'T EVEN MATTER.

Good **** god, do you understand yet?
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

No we are talking about applying 2 different texture sets (00,a0,c0) (or more) to the same single uncut mesh, on a per triangle basis. Its not a hack, it is a built in function of the xsi, it is not particularly useful for stock units, but it is of great use to people making their own models. The Dalek tank is a single mesh, the ears, grill, eyestalk and base are not team colored, the remaining parts are team colored and use a0 glow texture to fade area's of team color out.
Two texture sets are used 00,a0 and 00 a0 c0. The mesh is uncut, and identical to one using a single texture set, except for the materials list and SI_materials entry's.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Nielk1 wrote:Weather or not

Partly cloudy, 10% chance of rain
◥▶◀◤ row row, fight the powuh
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

MrTwosheds wrote:No we are talking about applying 2 different texture sets (00,a0,c0) (or more) to the same single uncut mesh, on a per triangle basis.
NO NO WE ARE NOT, AND WE NEVER WEAR< YOU JUST COULDN'T NOT TALK ABOUT IT.

That **** isn't relevant to what was brought up at all.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Calm down. I really cannot see why you get all worked up over a technique for making nicer looking models.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Sneacked panties when was 10.

P.S> If you're divvying up textures, then you may not even need to use glow skins to mask that non-teamcolored stuff. Just don't use a numbered texture. Then you can glow the lights and other light-effects without having to glow the entire texture.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

Programatically upscaled BZ2 textures are available here. Done with version 1.1.0.31 of BZ2DXTGen, to be posted to the public soon.

-- GSH
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

MrTwosheds wrote:Calm down. I really cannot see why you get all worked up over a technique for making nicer looking models.
I was "worked up" because you were trying to tell [/i]me[/i] what I was talking about, and you weren't even right but kept going.
Zero Angel wrote:P.S> If you're divvying up textures, then you may not even need to use glow skins to mask that non-teamcolored stuff. Just don't use a numbered texture. Then you can glow the lights and other light-effects without having to glow the entire texture.
*facepalm*
That is the exact point I was making, which was entirely destroyed by MrTwosheds. Issue is that to attain that sort of selecting coloring on a single mesh you would have to cut it along texture lines.