Will mission dlls work in multiplayer?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

XxHAMADEHxX
Sabre

Will mission dlls work in multiplayer?

Post by XxHAMADEHxX »

I thought about making a survival game (Godwilling) but I wanted to know if mission dlls work in mp.
I thought about messing with the aip editor, but the options seems limited. Also I wanted to make a timer between each attack.

Thanks
Red Spot
Attila

Re: Will mission dlls work in multiplayer?

Post by Red Spot »

Every gamemode has a dll, and GSH hosts those files, check his site.
You can edit them to do all sort of stuff, including making MP-missions.
Iirc GSH has been so kind to add a textfile to the source files pointing you in the right direction how to get to a position you can use the source files.

Are you asking anything more? I already knew the AIP-editor isnt all the functional :)
XxHAMADEHxX
Sabre

Post by XxHAMADEHxX »

Nope and thanks my friend.
heres how I want it to work Godwilling
In stage one the first wave will come. After stage one a timer will activate(Going to figure out how the satchel charge works)
;also factorys and recylers will activate. When stage 2 begins building will deactivate(Unless I can find a way to use the armory to call airstrikes)
XxHAMADEHxX
Sabre

Post by XxHAMADEHxX »

Uhh will the dll editor work for what Im trying to do cause I have no knowledge of c++ XD
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

The stock BZ2 DLLs are all C++. (Some mods have DLLs done in a scriptor, but it sounds like you're talking about stock.) And the stock BZ2 mission DLLs are not built for MP. It would take massive amounts of rework (in C++) to make them work in MP in a way that appears reasonable. If you want to take that project on, good luck. Really. You'll need it.

Previous topic on this here. Once again, I don't see it as worthwhile to invest any of my time on it. I also think that a new MP mode would be a better use of development time. But, if it's your goal to do this, I won't stop you.

-- GSH
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

He's not talking about converting the SP missions to MP GSH, but making a 'Long Journey' type of MPI mission.

I'm doing something similair by making the MPI side of things more interesting, wich you could see as map-dependend missions under the label MPI.

Hamad, you dont need any knowledge of C to learn to work with it, thats how each and everyone that works with it started. You just need to be willing to learn a lot, and start by learning how to teach yourself things.
(... learn a man to fish and he will eat a lifetime..)
XxHAMADEHxX
Sabre

Post by XxHAMADEHxX »

I know its just I tried learning it once. I did the stuff(Hello world) but did not understand what I was doing to make it happen. So I started learning pythonn instead

Edit just realized the files were packed(Didnt know there was a 7z file.)
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

It's perfectly fine to make an MP "sp" misison.

Setup your DLL, and make sure you account for all the MP needed things. Look at DM / ST DLLs, notice they have init, and addplayer / deleteplayer, and save/load/postload, and ejectkillretcodes objectkilled / sniped / respawn.

Once u get all that in, the only thing you must do is account for ALL players (loop over MAX_TEAMS, GetPlayer(Team), instead of just GetPlayer() or GetLocalPlayer(), and make sure all variables are setup properly in the i_array, b_array, f_array, and h_array so they are transmitted across the network to clients.

You may feel free to PM me or contact me via IM, I'd be willing to walk you through anything you need help with.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
XxHAMADEHxX
Sabre

Post by XxHAMADEHxX »

Awesome.
Does this mean I can use the dll editor and convert it later to reducing time?

Thanks
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

There are some things you can't do in MP, like see what the user has selected or has their I key used on. This is because the command to check uses the local player, not the player by team #, and in MP all the DLLs need to do the exact same thing else you get horrible resyncs.

A mission made for MP needs to be made with these issues in mind.

--confusing stuff below--
That isn't to say you can't use the functions I mentioned, just that there are very few ways to use them (you can't trigger any event that does anything at all in the game world on the user's I key inspect of an object, but you can throw up an IFACE if you wanted to. Of course, no IFACE interface changes such as button presses can be acted on either. I was making use of this once to make a "super infobox" for some objects, even in MP, since the trick was that the action was MP safe.
XxHAMADEHxX
Sabre

Post by XxHAMADEHxX »

Individual problems dont sound like an issue except for the commander(When rec and fact are deactivated).

rather then creating paths for ai attack, they could spawn using the thing in the drake odf(the one that makes it go after everything)
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

engage range?
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
XxHAMADEHxX
Sabre

Post by XxHAMADEHxX »

???? Now Im even more confused. XD

The enemy ships are going to act like zombies and try to kill you and your team
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

but...they always do that...
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
XxHAMADEHxX
Sabre

Post by XxHAMADEHxX »

XD
But this time there is no way to stop them from coming.