Co-op Multiplayer Play

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

ZeDoktor935
Scrap

Co-op Multiplayer Play

Post by ZeDoktor935 »

I apologize in advance if I have been posting this topic everywhere and often, but I'm trying my best to push this request to as many people as possible, in order to increase the chances of this actually becoming a reality.

In Battlezone 2, it has been boggling to me that there isn't a true co-op multiplayer function in most of these amazing existing mods, such as EPIC and VSR. VSR and Epic each both already support facing more than one AI at one, so it seems like it'd be easy to implement the ability to have two human players and one or more AI?

I have introduced this game and both of these mods to several of my friends, and they love the game, but they hate sharing bases with me. We'd love to be able to ally as different races (I for one like Scions, but my friend may like the ISDF, for example.) and face the AI.

I myself know nothing on modding, so I can only humbly ask that this be added to the game, as this is truly really the only thing lacking from an otherwise wonderful game to revisit.

ZTV also doesn't seem to be working correctly, so that suggestion is moot to me so far. I'd also like to pick more than one map. The VSR seems to be the most likely candidate, since the FFA modes already support HUGE scale games, like 4 v 4. Only problem is that it's only AI and one human player. Thanks!
XxHAMADEHxX
Sabre

Re: Co-op Multiplayer Play

Post by XxHAMADEHxX »

so it seems like it'd be easy to implement the ability to have two human players and one or more AI?
Friend the people who work on the mods are very talented individuals who spend ALOT of time figuring this stuff out. So I would not say that it is easy. for one reason or another they deliberately chose not to make MPI maps co-op for a reason(whatever reason I don't know).
I myself know nothing on modding, so I can only humbly ask that this be added to the game, as this is truly really the only thing lacking from an otherwise wonderful game to revisit.
Everyone has their own vision for what they want in this game, the best way to have your visioned realized is by doing it yourself. Start learning how to mod. I can't mod much as I never took the time to learn how to do it properly. I can tell you that there are a vast amount of resources scattered across the forums and people who are willing to answer your modding questions.

Here is a theoretically simple way to make the game you want to play.

Step 1: Make a recycler variant that builds cheap thug recyclers of different races.
Step 2: Make maps with large regenerating scrap fields.
Step 3: Make AIPs for maps
Step 4: Use what you have created to make an MPI map.
Done

No its not easy, but it will get you what you want.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

At some point, looks like i'll have to look into expanding VSR's FFA MPI Alliance to support multiple hoomans.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
XxHAMADEHxX
Sabre

Post by XxHAMADEHxX »

My friend SpyMaster was able to figure out how to do what you wanted to do using VSR and Console commands.
Please read the forum topic. http://steamcommunity.com/app/624970/di ... 975/?ctp=2

Here is an imgur post for 4 player maps.
https://imgur.com/a/6pOPl