What are the most common screen resolutions?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Cyber
Sabre

Re: What are the most common screen resolutions?

Post by Cyber »

I'd use 1920x1080, but the whole game is kinda small then, so 1280x720 has to do it.
Teamspeak 3: teamspeak.com
TS3 Server(Ugonland): 74.91.115.34
Cyber
Sabre

Post by Cyber »

some experienced modder *look to TJ* would have to 'enlarge' the files. I tried it, but I don't think I am able to do it as it has to be. I managed to get a bigger radar(localprefs), a bigger scrap-bar and a bigger weapon-file, means weapon slots&health/ammo. Also I got some HD backgrounds, which look great.
But I can't do bzgame_command.cfg / bzgame_group.cfg / enlarge colorize.tga (so the units and that stuff looks not that small on the huge radar) / enlarge icons (weapon-cursors&unit-icons). Actually I think it a experienced modder can do this in 2hours, I am not able to do it in 10.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

The most difficult (and majorly annoying) part of the BZ2 shell is that everything scales up and down as the resolution does. It means you have to do the entire shell for one resolution and then something else for another.

Either that, or you have to run the entire thing at 640*480. Which is incidentally, a PAIN IN THE ASS for using images.
Developer @ Stormtide
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2350#p40547 << My UE4 Battlezone Project

ModDB - Battlezone II Unofficial Expansion Pack
Cyber
Sabre

Post by Cyber »

TheJamsh wrote:The most difficult (and majorly annoying) part of the BZ2 shell is that everything scales up and down as the resolution does. It means you have to do the entire shell for one resolution and then something else for another.

Either that, or you have to run the entire thing at 640*480. Which is incidentally, a PAIN IN THE ASS for using images.
TJ, I know in general the WHOLE shell needs to be reworked. "Upscaled".

But what I am looking for is just the interface - everything you see when you just PLAY. I dont care about the ESC screen & everything else. Just ingame is has to be comfortable.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Cyber wrote:
TheJamsh wrote:The most difficult (and majorly annoying) part of the BZ2 shell is that everything scales up and down as the resolution does. It means you have to do the entire shell for one resolution and then something else for another.

TJ, I know in general the WHOLE shell needs to be reworked. "Upscaled".

But what I am looking for is just the interface - everything you see when you just PLAY. I dont care about the ESC screen & everything else. Just ingame is has to be comfortable.
Should be the same in theory. Don't forget though that the stock icons are only 32*32 pixels anyway, so you'll either have to make bigger ones or scale them up, and use a custom DXTGen options file to stop it scaling them back down.
Developer @ Stormtide
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2350#p40547 << My UE4 Battlezone Project

ModDB - Battlezone II Unofficial Expansion Pack
RubiconAlpha
Rattler

Post by RubiconAlpha »

1366 x 768 on my desktop with 40" HD TV as a monitor.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

RubiconAlpha wrote:1366 x 768 on my desktop with 40" HD TV as a monitor.
Ahh, so you can't read any text or see icons either :)
◥▶◀◤ row row, fight the powuh
RubiconAlpha
Rattler

Post by RubiconAlpha »

I only sit about 3 feet away from the screen. It's mounted on the wall above my desk. Icons are not bad but I could use a larger font for chat and stats.

RD did release a larger chat window awhile back I'll have to revisit that topic and try it out.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

RubiconAlpha wrote:I only sit about 3 feet away from the screen. It's mounted on the wall above my desk. Icons are not bad but I could use a larger font for chat and stats.

RD did release a larger chat window awhile back I'll have to revisit that topic and try it out.
7ft, 46", 1080 :(
◥▶◀◤ row row, fight the powuh