BZ2 Texture editing

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: BZ2 Texture editing

Post by MrTwosheds »

It's that unpopular thing known as hard work, the sort of thing all graphic artists just love to do for almost nothing and then just watch it be thrown away but the profit motivated companies who employ them... :shock: There are various utilities/plugins for upscaling (can't link you to gimp's plugin registry as it seems to have died or something) But the addition of detail is really something each person attempting this needs to figure out there own way. The idea is to make the upscaled image look more like the original 256x256 than the original actually does. Mostly its just smoothing out pixelation and adding very subtle amounts of noise to plain looking bits, but some detail needs to be reconstructed as it got pretty much destroyed when the Real Original Art got shrunk down to 256x256 in the first place.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
XxHAMADEHxX
Sabre

Post by XxHAMADEHxX »

Well I asked if its hard because i wanted to see if I should do it or not(Like instead of modifying textures Id rather learn modeling)
I did fix some pixilation with the smudge tool its seems really helpful =D. As for reconstruction I cant draw very well =(.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Texturing is a very important part of modelling, a model without a texture is of no use to anyone really, making the model, it's UV mapping and its texture is actually one creative process.
There is not really a lot of real "drawing" involved in creating textures, its more about knowing how to apply processes to achieve the desired result, It takes time and practice to learn.
I can actually draw! with a pencil or pen, but that skill does not apply to skinning models at all really. Except possibly the bit about being prepared to put some time into doing it.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
XxHAMADEHxX
Sabre

Post by XxHAMADEHxX »

its more about knowing how to apply processes to achieve the desired result, It takes time and practice to learn.
Well Im a manipulator(thats what i call it) so I guess it does help when I do things =)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 296&type=3

Thanks =D