Weapons of Serenesis

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Weapons of Serenesis

Post by TheJamsh »

(Updated Thread, may as well cover all races in one go...)

I'll be updating this thread from time-to-time with the latest concoctions I have for the Serenesis inventory, rather than starting lots of different threads. Check back for updates and new vids from time-to-time :)

Pathan Clan Grenade
The Spiked Grenade is an infantry-wielded grenade that can stick to enemy craft and hinder the engines or weapon systems. A clip below shows a WIP video, testing the idea out, and a little destruction from the Desolator.
Watch a WIP Placeholder test video on YouTube

Serenese Heavy Infantry Weapon
The 'Dgyrrak' is a heavy weapon made for the 'Byrtick', the Serenese's largest infantry warrior.
Watch the concept test video on YouTube
Last edited by TheJamsh on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Re: Weapons of the Serenese

Post by Clavin12 »

I see. So it's not really going under ground it's just going along the ground and rendering tilled earth in its wake, like you would render smoke. Cool weapon.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Nope, it does go underground :), in fact in wireframe view you can see it travelling underground. It also goes vertically up terrain walls as well, so really works well.
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

Serenese?
Is this a new race for a mod you're working on?
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Serenesis mod has been in dev for a while, just not much has come about. There are many planned races, but im currently working from the bottom up, infantry.

There are ten planned races, an im revamping the current ones with new build trees and features etc. Did you never watch any of the vids I put on youtube :P? Look on my channel

- AAN
- Earth Colonies (Civilian Human Stuff)
- Feint (Pirates/Mercenaries)
- Scion
- Hadean
- Cerberi
- Serenese
- The Pathan Clan
- Raiders (Serenese Separatists)
- New Olympians
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

What do the Pathans look like?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

I would explain them but it might be that it supposed to be a surprise. Simply, the Pathan Clan operates differently than any race ever seen before.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Nah its cool, essentially the Pathans backstory is they are a tiny remanining military-based faction of a race that once-was destroyed by the Serenese.. way way back when.

Because they've been travelling around under the radar for so long, they never stay planet-side in the same location for very long, as such all their buildings are undeployable or quick to recycle, and are specifically designed to serve well under that purpose. They are also extremely stealthy and primarily operate using long-range attacks.

The Pathans also have no 'recycler', instead units are ordered as airdrops from the orbiting carrier (can guess some missions situations for that). The carrier sends down transmitter buildings to the surface that unpack as soon as they hit, and allow you to transport down the equipment needed to put a base together safely. Transmitters allow you to order a droppable item down within a certain range of them, but you can build additional nodes that open up more of the map as a dropzone. There are also smaller deployables you can order. Its obviously mostly .dll powered, but its going to be awesome seeing flaming meteorite-like objects screaming down from the sky and crashing into the ground in a cloud of dirt and smoke.

The Pathans also have a unique 'rescource' system if you can call it that, you only have limited numbers of unit space available, and various units take up more or less of this space depending on size/effectiveness. They have no use for bio-metal apart from building larger permanent structures or vehicles. There heavy vehicles are large and powerful.

One thing to bear in mind, Serenesis-Style strategy is more objective based depending on what race you choose. Certain races have to be defeated in different ways because of the ways they operate. Cerberi must be defeated by elminating there processing plants for example, Hadeans must be eliminated by destroying the Palace, each race has their own system. (There is classic style strategy as well for those who dont want to play that way, and classic rec variants which just give the old ISDF units with AAN updates to visuals and sound, AI etc)

You don't even want to know the extent of the SP campaign, its ridiculous. This mod will probably never become a full reality but ill do as much as i can and release whatever i can
labmice00
Thunderbolt

Post by labmice00 »

Ooooh, pretty...
Lionsword7
Thunderbolt

Post by Lionsword7 »

I think I'm going to love the Pathans. Bravo.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Re: Weapons of Serenesis

Post by TheJamsh »

added the spiked grenade
eli
Drunken Scav

Post by eli »

Looks like a cool mod. :)
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Nielk1 wrote:I would explain them but it might be that it supposed to be a surprise. Simply, the Pathan Clan operates differently than any race ever seen before.
Sometimes people working on long projects lose interest. The double edged sword is that to help maintain interest, releasing tidbits of info or certain progress makes it relevant again in the modder's mind, keeping it fresh and fun to create. The bad side of this is that once it is released, everyone already knows the main things so surprise or immersion get a little stifled. It's like watching too many trailers before a movie comes out and seeing all the best parts.

Of course, your mileage may vary, but as for me I am skipping all of thejamsh's updates and progress tidbits so I can enter the world he creates completely new and fresh to my mind :)
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

I'm trying to maintain secrecy about the plot of the story as much as anything, and I'm working on the entirity of the project alone wherever possible, but as you say, its a long process, especially a project as large as this, so releasing little tidbits of works and stuff gives you a kick to carry on working on it some more and push through a particularly difficult phase.

That said, a lot of the stuff I've done like the crazy weapons and whatnot are just to see if its possible or not... the Pathan Sky Hammer weapon for example. I like the idea of staying out of a universe as much as possible however, I tried doing it with the Gears 3 Beta, but ended up playing it because they tied unlockables for the full game into it, cheeky beggars...
eli
Drunken Scav

Post by eli »

wow dude can't wait for the mod. :)