Animation speed is slower in-game?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Animation speed is slower in-game?

Post by TheJamsh »

For some reason my animations in-game are playing a lot slower than those in 3DS Max...

I think my export anim settings are correct (see below), but changing doesn't seem to make much of a difference either.

- NTSC
- Frames

Any ideas?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Re: Animation speed is slower in-game?

Post by Nielk1 »

I think I use something like 1/2 NTSC or 2x NTSC in max. Mess with the rates in MAX.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Think I'm going to have to re-scale the time, incredibly annoying. Its like BZ2 plays them at half the speed they are in Max.

EDIT: Okay nope, that completely screwed my animation in-game this time. Why doesn't BZ play them at normal rates :(?
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Bz2 plays animations at the normal rate of 30fps I believe. I am slightly miffed that you think the universes supreme software program could be at fault here, clearly the problem lies with everything else! :D

If you look at your animations in the xsi, you will see that the left hand column contains the keyframes numbers, reduce these to make it go faster.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

I set max to PLAY slower. I don't alter a damn thing otherwise.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

MrTwosheds wrote:Bz2 plays animations at the normal rate of 30fps I believe. I am slightly miffed that you think the universes supreme software program could be at fault here, clearly the problem lies with everything else! :D

If you look at your animations in the xsi, you will see that the left hand column contains the keyframes numbers, reduce these to make it go faster.
I exported at 30FPS, its irritating though, because they look great in MAX yet when in game they dont look as fast and fluid. *sigh*, going to have to fix this one somehow.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

TheJamsh wrote:
MrTwosheds wrote:Bz2 plays animations at the normal rate of 30fps I believe. I am slightly miffed that you think the universes supreme software program could be at fault here, clearly the problem lies with everything else! :D

I exported at 30FPS, its irritating though, because they look great in MAX yet when in game they dont look as fast and fluid. *sigh*, going to have to fix this one somehow.
TELL
MAX
TO
PLAY
AT
HALF
SPEED
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Nielk1 wrote:
TheJamsh wrote:

TELL
MAX
TO
PLAY
AG
HALF
SPEED
I must have had my microphone turned off because max just ignored me. I tried screaming but that didn't help either
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Nielk1 wrote: TELL
MAX
TO
PLAY
AT
HALF
SPEED
Surely that would only work when I'm making the animation from the start? Surely that setting won't affect its exporting?
Shadow Knight
Thunderbolt

Post by Shadow Knight »

I'm pretty sure it means you would see it at half speed and can thus adjust it so that it does work at half speed
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Shadow Knight wrote:I'm pretty sure it means you would see it at half speed and can thus adjust it so that it does work at half speed
Exactly. For now, just double your anim length and select everything at once. Then in the time-line drag the key-frame indicators to the higher frame numbers, each to twice it's current.