Greenheart Variant AIP's

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Red Spot
Attila

Re: Greenheart Variant Unit AIP's

Post by Red Spot »

Zero Angel wrote:Could one just not make a version that came with SP-Stab
You dont even have to do that for SP, since the H-Sabre comes in a couple of flavours, one with dual SP.
Red Devil
Recycler

Re: Greenheart Variant AIP's

Post by Red Devil »

well, i have a number of units made into CPU-only units, with the heavy sabre II firing both its sp-stabs, and removed the teamlimitclass entries from them (too complicated) ; will work on getting the other units to fire their dual hp's tonight.

a number of the tanks just fire their miniguns at my tank instead of their cannons, so i think i may switch things around.

may give the heavy walker and enforcer slugs once in awhile to spice things up a bit.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Red Devil wrote:may give the heavy walker and enforcer slugs once in awhile to spice things up a bit.
That, in my book, goes just a bit too far. Not just cause it makes the AI hard, but mostly cause the AI wont be able to use it properly .. but a sniping human does ...
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

it's supposed to be hard ;) i'll see how it goes; easy enough to make the enemy AI ships non-snipeable, but noticing that some ships are trying to shoot through 50 meters of terrain, so it looks like i'll need to fiddle around with the can hit settings, etc. :geek:
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

But if you make snipeable ships unsnipable you're changing the characteristics of the game. Sniping is a part of the game and you would remove that part with such edits.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

we'll see how it goes. like everything else i post, anything i put out here for testing won't be the final version.

going back to your previous point, why won't the AI be able to use it properly?
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

But if you make snipeable ships unsnipable you're changing the characteristics of the game. Sniping is a part of the game and you would remove that part with such edits.
Slug is a very powerful weapon, nerfed for players by the constant need for slug powerups, The AI would need ammo regeneration as they cannot really do powerups in any rational way. Slug guns for the AI would have to be in unsnipable ships just to stop the players getting hold of one.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

tried the heavy walker with sluggo against 10 of my assault tanks and it rapidly evaporated; took a few with it, though. due to slug being a grenade, it usually wound up hitting the small hills in front of the assault tanks, so am tweaking that; might increase the shot delay or make it a charge weapon.

gave it a modified laser and it took out almost 10 sabres before it gave up its ghost, so i nerfed it by one third.

fun times, fun times....
Abraham Lincoln

General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

IMO, making the AI harder shouldn't be giving them uber weapons, it should be making them more human like.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

this is stock, so i'm just trying to get them to use their weapons well. i made ships more human-like in G66, but actually had to tone them down.

stock GH ships start out with weak weapons and are normally customized - by humans, for humans - via the factory or armory with better weapons, so i'm using upgraded ships as time progresses.

think i fixed the slug hitting the dunes in front of ships behind the dunes by making the walkers slightly more aggressive, but am trying switching from grenade to bullet just to see how that goes, too.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

oh yeah...
Abraham Lincoln

DarkCobra262
Sabre

Post by DarkCobra262 »

Red Devil wrote:oh yeah...
Wouldn't that just make the projectile fly straight instead of arc?
Modding/Modelling like a noob...
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

yup
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

looking better; should be able to post a minimal test sometime soon.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i just tried an isdf vs. isdf mpi using a rough draft of them and wasn't able to keep more than 1..2 pools; they never got to their walkers before i gave up after 65 minutes.
Abraham Lincoln