BZ2-HD Power Plant

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Re: BZ2-HD Power Plant

Post by Nielk1 »

Red Spot wrote:
Nielk1 wrote:Except the game can't do wear over time, so you have to make a good average.
Not directly, but it could be simulated via dll. You could just swap ships for other ships that give a vibe they've seen combat, or you could swap ships for a different design later on in a match. Far from perfect solutions ofcourse, but for a SP-mission where the visual aspect is important it could be done, sort of.
Are you telling me that the DLL can do it? I've long considered such things, of course, it isn't worth it. If I was going to do that I would override the render by hijacking DirectX.
jaydenbz2
Thunderbolt

Post by jaydenbz2 »

If that's your excuse then deal with ****, amateur textures, equal damage distribution was just a story filler because it was too expensive to have certain parts of tank be destroyed, I'm sure a little wear and tear plus imperfection will heal your texture.

It's drab because shaded white goes grey and the contrast will be out of balance.

Take my advice please and make it more than plated chrome, if not filth and some better material variation, reality is, bz2 supports diffuse and em missive, faking chrome like this will be fairly gross.
Maybe hand paint *some shine in important parts, it will simply look more appealing to the eye.

No one likes the "perfect" texture, obviously atm you're not pulling off the clean look so either dirty it up, take chrome down magnitudes and/or add material variation.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Nielk1 wrote:
Red Spot wrote:
Nielk1 wrote:Except the game can't do wear over time, so you have to make a good average.
Not directly, but it could be simulated via dll. You could just swap ships for other ships that give a vibe they've seen combat, or you could swap ships for a different design later on in a match. Far from perfect solutions ofcourse, but for a SP-mission where the visual aspect is important it could be done, sort of.
Are you telling me that the DLL can do it? I've long considered such things, of course, it isn't worth it. If I was going to do that I would override the render by hijacking DirectX.
Yes, me is. :)
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Nielk1 wrote:
Red Spot wrote:
What about if you have the DLL look in the ODF for something like

[CraftClass]
DamageThreshold1=0.7
DamageConfig1="ivscout_d1"

Then have it just swap out the ODF when the threshold is reached
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

To reword Nielk's post:

That's possible but not ideal; a jarring appearance is your biggest problem, followed by orientation (if that's even still an issue). Hijacking the renderer is more complex but a better solution.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

I can mitigate the damage done by preserving matrix and velocity but the game still has to deal with so many objects....
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

bbb, did you happen to include an enbdev dll in your mod? found one d3d9.dll running when i ran bz2 and it turned out to be from enbdev.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
bigbadbogie
Bull Dog

Post by bigbadbogie »

Yes RD. It enables QF2's bloom effect.
"You think that you can wipe out an entire civilisation without consequences?" - Rachel

http://www.moddb.com/mods/qf2-essence-to-a-thief
https://www.indiedb.com/games/husky-ashcon-i/
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

oh, well it jacked up my regular bz2 - a lot - so i deleted the dll after hunting around for it on the internet.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

bigbadbogie
Bull Dog

Post by bigbadbogie »

Shift+F12 deactivates it in-game.
"You think that you can wipe out an entire civilisation without consequences?" - Rachel

http://www.moddb.com/mods/qf2-essence-to-a-thief
https://www.indiedb.com/games/husky-ashcon-i/
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

Where was this dll? If it was in the bz2 folder, I figured reinstalling the dx9 installer, inside your bz2 folder, would have replaced the offending dll.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

it's d3d9.dll in the root of the bz2 install.
Abraham Lincoln