AI Weapon Linking

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Vadam
Thunderbolt

Re: AI Weapon Linking

Post by Vadam »

Noted.

Other than that does it seem mostly correct?
Starfleet 0.8 - Almost done!
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Most of those settings are for AI controlled vehicles. Players can do it themselves.
Its all stuff that has been added to the bz2 code, really the best way to find out if/how it works is to go and try em out.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Vadam
Thunderbolt

Post by Vadam »

Red Devil wrote:a player can use weapon linking to temporarily link multiple weapons to the fire action.
MrTwosheds wrote:Most of those settings are for AI controlled vehicles. Players can do it themselves.
I know I can do whatever I want as a player but I'm specifically referring to AI in this case
MrTwosheds wrote:really the best way to find out if/how it works is to go and try em out.
I'm asking on here because my schedule keeps me out of the house for 4 days of every week, meaning all I can do during those days is speculate about what to do when I get back.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i like to make AI/CPU-only ships with their AI settings in them and then leave the human-team ones alone.

you can also put some AI-only units in the recycler/factory build menu so you're not affected by their groupings so much.

i think that's what you're asking. :?
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Vadam
Thunderbolt

Post by Vadam »

Yeah that'll work, one AI only variant and one variant that is created unmanned and only pilotable by players
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

heh, no, you can make them piloted so they can come pick you up ;)
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Vadam
Thunderbolt

Post by Vadam »

Creating a universal unit that works good with both players and AI is what I originally wanted to do but there's really only room for either players or AI to fully use it.

But then I realized its not a big deal for the player to have to use another rocket in addition to the first one

Can't rescale to a more reasonable size when using an iPad

That's what I'm working with by the way

I've settled on having both rockets function together as assault and the cannon separate for combat
AI_Unit
Thunderbolt

Post by AI_Unit »

So as we are on this topic...I've always wondered how you get the AI to switch weapons when attacking different things. I noticed in G66 that sabres tend to use mortars when attacking defensive structures. I was just curious on how you could do that.
Current Mod: AI's Expansion Pack

AI_Unit was here.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i just set the mortar hp to isAssault = 1 on the sabres on the AI-controlled team.
Abraham Lincoln