Comunity Project 2

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Killerstrike
Drunken Constructor

Comunity Project 2

Post by Killerstrike »

how goes this next story ? is it good ?

and would this most likely be the last CP mod ?

and would you guy's try do something like kick starter to Re-make the series ? Possible a alternate version

The Russians are good Braddock wins and The Swarm series as something cool :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ded10c
Recycler

Re: Comunity Project 2

Post by Ded10c »

CP2 is still in development, held up significantly by the fact that three of its core developers are now sandwiched firmly between employment and higher education.

The story will be unlike any in the series so far. The scope is massive; it deals with the consequences of actions made way back near the beginning of the series, the implications of the direction BZ2 (and later FE) were beginning to take things, and acts as the first proper implementation of a lot of the story elements the first BZ2CP team had developed but never used themselves. It follows on from both Forgotten Enemies and Fleshstorm and does its best to continue as many untied threads as possible from as many places as possible - the story we have took a monumental effort to create and we've only really written Act One.

Whether it's the last Community Project or not depends entirely on the rest of the community - none of the BZ2CP team are directly involved in BZ2CP2, but we're continuing the work they left behind. Who knows what might be done with the work we leave behind?
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Last thing I did on the CP2 was a few tests of the LUA mission DLL system, which worked. God I need to get back on that.

My lua is a little rusty but I think scripts ended up being something like this with my code:

Code: Select all

MissionData.TestData = {}; // MissionData is auto-saved/loaded perfectly

function Test_Update()
    if not MissionData.TestData.Spawned then
        MissionData.TestData.friendTank = BuildObject("ivtank",1,Vector());
        MissionData.TestData.friendTank.TurnsAlive = 0; // this custom data WILL save into the game object due to the gameobject atlas
        MissionData.TestData.enemyTank = BuildObject("ivtank",2,Vector(100,100,100));
        MissionData.TestData.enemyTank:Attack(MissionData.TestData.friendTank);
        MissionData.TestData.Spawned = true;
    end
    if MissionData.TestData.friendTank ~= nil and MissionData.TestData.friendTank.IsAlive() then
        MissionData.TestData.friendTank.TurnsAlive += 1;
    end
end
RegisterCallback_Update(Test_Update);
AI_Unit
Thunderbolt

Post by AI_Unit »

Win idea Nielk, I love both languages.
Current Mod: AI's Expansion Pack

AI_Unit was here.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

I'm doing some stuff in BZ1 land at the moment, but expect to return to the BZ2CP2 at a point of greater stability with the other team mates. While I have been dealing with a move far enough to change both climate and timezone the other members have been dealing with the evolution of their higher education. I suspect we will be better fit to work on the BZ2CP2 again once they graduate or otherwise hit a lul in their workload.

For those of you still in school, thrust me, you have more free time than you will once you have a job. Though my current situation has at least allowed me to cut out travel without any loss in income (hazza!)
Killerstrike
Drunken Constructor

Post by Killerstrike »

any way yall would be able to post some screen-shot teasers on here ?
Killerstrike
Drunken Constructor

Post by Killerstrike »

come on guys you can finish this this year i know you can lets make 2015 the best year for long time fans
DeusExCeteri
Rattler

Post by DeusExCeteri »

I'm working as the modeler for the CP2 team while Jayden is busy, though he still comes around here-and-there. Currently we're getting a related project ready, perhaps something to do with AH's Fall of the Old Gods? You'll just have to wait and find out.

We hope to make a formal announcement sometime this month (although that's what we said back in January, we were still settling into the new year and got sidetracked.)
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

Killerstrike wrote:come on guys you can finish this this year i know you can lets make 2015 the best year for long time fans
Problem is, that's an unreasonable request. Do you want it now, full of game-breaking bugs and a half-assed story? Or would you rather wait, go play other games in the meantime, so that the story can be finalized and most of the breaking bugs fixed? I'd rather option two myself.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

TwinShadow wrote:
Killerstrike wrote:come on guys you can finish this this year i know you can lets make 2015 the best year for long time fans
Problem is, that's an unreasonable request. Do you want it now, full of game-breaking bugs and a half-assed story? Or would you rather wait, go play other games in the meantime, so that the story can be finalized and most of the breaking bugs fixed? I'd rather option two myself.
If nothing is done* than you might just be very lucky there are ½ the people of what this mod might deserve as fanbase to actually play it.

*Not per sé in respect to CP2.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Red Spot wrote:If nothing is done* than you might just be very lucky there are ½ the people of what this mod might deserve as fanbase to actually play it.

*Not per sé in respect to CP2.
This is my concern and why we are working on other tangential projects.
Killerstrike
Drunken Constructor

Post by Killerstrike »

...... What's the news on CP 2 ?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Everyone got busy, stuff started to be in limbo, it stopped looking worth while with so few BZ2 players.

I jumped over to BZ1 to get new players and ended up roped into a project on the BZ1 side that's pretty much a smaller simpler and leaner CP. And then the announcement of the BZ1 remaster happened and we don't know what we're doing with ourselves.

Everything still exists. Things are actually better thought out now because both projects compliment each other, but the BZ2 side of things is really in a poor shape when it comes to labor.