is there a 3ds Max export to XSI for Max ver 2011-2015

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

coxxon
Sabre

is there a 3ds Max export to XSI for Max ver 2011-2015

Post by coxxon »

I'm trying to get back into putting models into BZ2, but I no longer have a version of Max compatible with the BZII compatible XSI exporters I've been able to find.
Are there any exporters for 3ds max 2011 or 2013 (my preference) or for versions 2012 or 2014 that export the correct xsi version?

(I found one that said it was for ver 2012, but max kept throwing an error when I tried starting up with it (or installing it while it was on).)
Red Devil
Recycler

Re: is there a 3ds Max export to XSI for Max ver 2011-2015

Post by Red Devil »

wow, great to see you back, coxxon!

not sure i have any, but i will check.

btw, do you have any of the original source for the Uler?
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
bigbadbogie
Bull Dog

Post by bigbadbogie »

No. 2010 is the last version supported.

Blake Robinson, the guy who was updating the exporters, stopped after 2010. I asked him why and he told me that he no longer had newer versions of 3dsMax to work with.

That was a few years back. Maybe somebody could ask him again?

http://dummyworld.net/programs/
"You think that you can wipe out an entire civilisation without consequences?" - Rachel

http://www.moddb.com/mods/qf2-essence-to-a-thief
https://www.indiedb.com/games/husky-ashcon-i/
DeusExCeteri
Rattler

Post by DeusExCeteri »

I can't verify this but I've seen multiple topics about using Gmax instead of 3DS max: http://www.bzcommand.com/forum/index.php?topic=81.0

Gmax is free so, at the very least, you could give it a try I guess. Best of luck to ya.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

There's another site somewhere on the internet, some sort of 'BZ2 maps' website that has a modeling subforum. You can look in there to see if there's anything in there that will work for you.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

Thanks for the responses. I've tried some of the things mentioned, and it seems I haven't missed any widely available converter, which really sucks.
I tried going through blender, with limited and soooo difficult results. It's really depressing.

ANY ENTERPRISING CODER OUT THERE THAT CAN CONVERT THE PANDI EXPORTER TO A 3DS MAX 2013 OR HIGHER VERSION? Come on ya gotta be out there. Look at it as a challenge.

////sidenote///
Red Devil - see my post in mod playing for the uler files.
EVERYBODY - get my HI RES TEXTURE MOD posted in the mod playing board
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

There is a max script that BNG finally badgered someone into making (or was that an import script, I honestly forget since I still use an old version of max). You find it by jumping into bz2maps.us's modding section and routing around. Augment that with my bone envelope export maxscript and you should be able to do full scion models easily.

I've been very busy lately so I've not been around. It's good to see people coming back. The last major thing I did was dump all the data from the BZ1 n64 game (models, textures, maps, etc) but people here didn't seem to care much about that, and the ego-crazyness on Spock's BZ1 board had him ban me the instant I started posting about it.

To convert the Pandi exporter I'd need it's source.
I was making a max script but then the guy BNG badgered came through and honestly it's the best thing. If I can get the source for the plugin I can try to rig it to export and add the bone stuff too.

I do have an MSH2XSI converter I made BTW if you have models you made you need reversed. (Oh, and I even got it to work on Demo models. Only had like one interesting thing in there being the 2x2 gunspire. I could probably get it to work on Dark Reign 2 GOD files if I add a de-bucketer since that's just BZ2 MSH and other data in buckets.)
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

Nielk - I wonder if Blake Robinson who was doing the updating through 2010, would have the source code.
This is his old page dummyworld.net/programs/ but I know he also has a new page, as he's seem to have gotten into music for a living/pastime. He might be willing to let you have it.

Do you have a link to your msh to xsi convertor?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

coxxon wrote:Nielk - I wonder if Blake Robinson who was doing the updating through 2010, would have the source code.
This is his old page dummyworld.net/programs/ but I know he also has a new page, as he's seem to have gotten into music for a living/pastime. He might be willing to let you have it.

Do you have a link to your msh to xsi convertor?
No links to the converter sadly as it's still a touchy subject for people. It's a case of asking for a reversal and than getting it if someone with it trusts you. I made sure certain specific people have the source code (I think I even gave a copy to Ken and GSH though I can't recall exactly) so that we don't lose this capability again like we did when OvermindDL1 lost his.

I filled out a contact form on Blake's site. We will see if anything comes of it. The most annoying thing with XSI is BZ2 seems to want a specific syntax that is not well documented. A later versions is well documented, but the older is far harder. I managed to get C# code to generate XSIs from the vertex data I extracted from MSHs, but it badly needs a rewrite and every time I try I break it.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

@N1 - friendly casual reminder to get this stuff on the wiki, damn you :P
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

Nielk1 - too bad about the convertor, but I understand.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

AHadley wrote:Dx just posted this on his forum: http://www.battlezoneclub.org/forum/vie ... =12&t=3703
Whoops, I needed to check this thread more often. I will check out the link. Thanks.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

Coxxon, would it be possible for you to fix the missing floor/textures inside the kiln/forge?
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

Red Devil wrote:Coxxon, would it be possible for you to fix the missing floor textures inside the kiln/forge?
er .. uh ... what missing floor textures?