Making a map - quick question

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

llVIU
Drunken Scav

Making a map - quick question

Post by llVIU »

just a quick question... my map won't load textures... I think I messed them up. It's a little complicated, maybe... I'm not sure. I don't really have problems with other things, it's just textures for terrain. It's all set to the texture 0 which is basically just blank. I load the map with g66 and the textures are there. In the map editor, I can see the textures just fine... they don't blend at all maybe, and I can't figure out how to properly blend no matter what I try. Plus I get this really weird bug sometimes and the textures are replaced in the map editor with random images from battlezone, like the weapon icons... and that's exactly how the map is saved.

anyway tl;dr map won't load textures, what do?

I guess I'm not being too descriptive... maybe I'll figure it out later like I did with everything else. I'm guessing that there might be a quick fix that I just don't get.

oh side question: what percentage of people have vsr, g66 or UED (unofficial expansion mod)? They seem really awesome but I'm afraid of people not being able to join my games.

thanks
the fact that all member registrations, thread and post creations have to be verified by mods is stupid as hell
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Re: Making a map - quick question

Post by General BlackDragon »

Not sure whats up with textures, make sure the textures in the .TRN file are existing. (They may be particular to G66 mod and not in stock?)

As for texture blending, In the Texture tab in the editor, the textures on the map are in 4 diffferent Layers. Layer 0 is always visible, always opaque. Layers 1 - 3 are layered on top in order, and support transparency. The blend tool will fade the texture transparency along edges and etc.

Most players have VSR. Some have G66 and UEP. Just make sure to list which mod your playing in your game name, and people will easily be able to know what they need to join. :)
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

I put up G66 games on occasion.
He who does not advance themselves, endlessly becomes themselves.

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/3606640
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Use 1.3.6.5 and tell us the password! :P
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

Password: xa=6mAYlF9B-zLJ??iR2$wle*kfny3
llVIU
Drunken Scav

Post by llVIU »

General BlackDragon wrote:Not sure whats up with textures, make sure the textures in the .TRN file are existing. (They may be particular to G66 mod and not in stock?)

As for texture blending, In the Texture tab in the editor, the textures on the map are in 4 diffferent Layers. Layer 0 is always visible, always opaque. Layers 1 - 3 are layered on top in order, and support transparency. The blend tool will fade the texture transparency along edges and etc.

Most players have VSR. Some have G66 and UEP. Just make sure to list which mod your playing in your game name, and people will easily be able to know what they need to join. :)
yeah that's how I did it before and it just wouldn't work no matter what I tried... eh, not that important tho, it's not like whatever map I could make would be great, I'll get better in a few years maybe.

I do list mods now but I have another question: how many of you know how to mix mods? I just figured out by myself how to mix (it's pretty easy) but apparently the player needs to have the EXACT same mod config, otherwise, they can't join my games and I can't join theirs... it's a pity. These few weeks I played with several players like mr scout, dd, supp, tub, kk, zuz, etc, but now that I mix mods, I'm afraid they can't be bothered to do download the right mods and mix them properly just to join my games :| real pity, because vsr uep and g66 are awesome.

Also, related to mods, if I mix g66 with uep, then it won't allow me to choose another variant or aip for normal mpi maps. Any idea how I can fix this? I'm thinking that it's because when you turn on the g66 mod, it makes the g66 map options menu appear for any map possible... but I think it goes out of its way to hide other variants/aip from me. This one time while fiddling with the menu, I managed to work around it and have other variants/aip appear in the menu, but I don't remember how I did it. Any ideas?

axeminister yea I heard of you before but I just don't see you online in a bz game

oh and the reason why I use uep is because it because it has those awesome great color skins. Everyone should have uep vsr g66 and mod mix. Do people find it too hard to install mods? do we need a youtube vid explaining how to do it?
the fact that all member registrations, thread and post creations have to be verified by mods is stupid as hell
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

blue banana wrote:Password: xa=6mAYlF9B-zLJ??iR2$wle*kfny3
False!
xa = 8
llVIU wrote:Do people find it too hard to install mods?
Small community with a load of people intelligent enough to learn how to work this game. I.o.w. most people try something and move on (read: return to their preffered gamemode).
I feel confident enough to state that most people here have tried all 3 mods and moved on or just simply arent very active ingame.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Mod mixing...No people probably won't be able to join. Most Mods are not intended to be mixed, some Mod makers think they can be different and make their one do something clever, but in practice it usually just results a multitude of ways to be broken and incompatible with everyone else's mods.
It worked for the first G66, when it was the only one to work like that...Its probably best to have each "always on" Mod on a different install of BZ2.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

or just a different folder in BZ2. All mods that are properly setup can exist in the same install without conflicting with each other.