Editor update for 1.3?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

JoeCapricorn
Sober Scav

Editor update for 1.3?

Post by JoeCapricorn »

So, 13 years ago Lizard put out a mod for the editor that among other things had menu access to every stock BZ2 object. All of the buildings, plants, terrain, power ups and so on were included. It also included a more or less complete list of objects from Forgotten Enemies.

It does not work with 1.3.7.1 - although I think that was obvious. Is there an updated version of Lizard's editor update? Maybe one that has all the bells and whistles but none of the Forgotten Enemies stuff? All I really want is access to every item, because alt+tabbing and looking at the PAK file through PAK explorer is a pain in the arse (although maybe 1.3.7.1 is less jumpy with tabbing out)

I tried using the Forgotten Enemies 1.3 editor but it crashed after a few seconds. I suppose I ought to report details of those crashes to help with FE13 development but I am up early on about 6 hours of sleep so brain no worky today.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Re: Editor update for 1.3?

Post by General BlackDragon »

1.3 patch has that Editor update as stock.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

All of the FE-specific objects are not part of 1.3.x's editor, because including them into editor lists would require all of the associated assets (models, textures, sfx, etc) to be part of 1.3.x. As much as people might like any mod, it is still a mod and not part of stock. Useful UI improvements from MODs that are mod-neutral can be investigated for pulling to 1.3.

FE for 1.3.x can (should?) include the larger list of objects from 1.3 and FE. That's a modder packaging issue.

-- GSH
JoeCapricorn
Sober Scav

Post by JoeCapricorn »

Lizard's update to the editor used to work with 1.3, at least that I can remember - but I had to add the FE .pak files to my cfg file. Maybe I did it wrong?

But I'm more interested in vanilla objects, but just having a menu of all of them - not just some of them. As it stands right now, it has the basic ISDF and Scion vehicles, the basic ISDF and Scion buildings, Environment objects (trees, rocks, etc) and Resources (all the scrap pools and scrap pieces) - but there are no entries for Mire, Bane or Rend ruins, Pluto ISDF ruins and structures, Dark Planet and Core buildings and tunnels, City buildings and pieces and anything else that I forgot that I used to love to play with back in the day.

Although if the scripting for the editor menus is straightforward, I can probably add some FE assets myself.

What I used to do was throw in objects from all kinds of mods into maps I made - these maps were made for me and not really intended to be released. However, I would like to get back into modding. It was a relaxing thing back then, and I feel that itch to create worlds again.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

IIRC, the lists are really easy to edit!
Developer @ Stormtide
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2350#p40547 << My UE4 Battlezone Project

ModDB - Battlezone II Unofficial Expansion Pack
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

there is an updated one made by, i think, someone named joe something...
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA