Removing pilots on death instantly from the world?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Re: Removing pilots on death instantly from the world?

Post by TheJamsh »

Scratch what I said earlier, ReplaceOnDeath DOESwork for pilots, I had a duplicate higher up in the folder structure. Pillock...
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Oh cool so you could make their heads fly up into the sky and explode my fireworks, even doing damage if you wanted to.

Dude... I just got the idea to make a race where all dead pilots become landmines.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Ive got it configured like this right now. GSH has added/touched up a few areas ive commented on to do with pilots which lets me do a lot of cool things... key example of that is "xplPerson" which came around a couple of betas ago (yet nobodys used it yet in a mod, its the most useful thing ever for me right now!)

The way I have things configured right now, is that when pilots 'die', they no longer have an animation, they instantly Gib and leave behind bloody bits of arm/torso/leg etc. However, if you shot a pilot with a big ass shell cannon for example, you'd expect the gibs to go halfway accross the map almost. So big weapons on tanks use 'Xplperson' to draw additional giblets and blood etc that you would expect to see, whereas the main pilot explosion kind of makes pilots fall to pieces.

However, if you shoot them with a pilot weapon like a machine gun (like the one i recently showed), you wouldnt expect them to 'explode' from bullet impact. What ive done is written around that, and made it so that when you shoot pilots with a weapon that doesnt kill them instantly, you damage their bio-metal 'suit' and the gas inside it leaks out. When the pilot takes enough damage the gas combusts, allowing me to explain why every weapon will cause a pilot to go up in a gassy flame of blood.

Better yet, ive found a way to make it splatter blood the windshield of your tank if you are close enough when it happens through ODF's. Its a bit clunky but it works and is quite a cool effect, but id prefer the dll to quickly write a bit of 'weather' code to draw blood splats on the windshield instead. Not sure if thats possible on a client-by-client basis though for MP. AS IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH, dll could intercept when a pilots been sniped and possibly switch the explosion. Or the other way around, havent give nthat too much though.

Side note, i can now animate 'Planars'. Sort off... Awesome.