New Build (2011-09-12) - Who Ya Gonna Call?

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Ultraken
Patch Creator

New Build (2011-09-12) - Who Ya Gonna Call?

Post by Ultraken »

Ghostbusters! Yes, that's right--no more "ghost" objects!

(Also, sync-off win is fixed.)

Downloads:

Testing Executable and Symbols
Updated Assets (updated 2011-09-03)

What's New:

* Fixed remote objects becoming "ghosts" when their slot got recycled too soon
- DistributedObject now detects that case and removes the old object properly

* Remote pilots and soldiers explode into chunks when killed instead of vanishing
- This broke way back in the 2010-11-29 build

* Remote pilots vanish immediately when the original enters a vehicle
- They previously tended to hang around for a second or so

* The mute button toggles player mute again (like in 1.4)

* Queue chat messages for any send error, not just "full"
- This should reduce the chance of losing outgoing messages

* Fixed the net game shell when no map was selected (e.g. everything filtered out)
- Clear out the map icon and description
- Hide the launch button and ignore any attempt to launch

* Fixed problems with Producers auto-deploying at the edge of the allowed range
- Reduced the auto-deploy radius so the Producer won't coast out of range
- Unlock the Geyser before giving up on it so it doesn't become unusable

* Fixed players in the escape screen getting a strategy victory notice when they shouldn't
- The victory condition now checks if the game is sync on or sync off

* Fixed players returning to the (disconnected) game after clicking "OK" on the post-game dialog
- The network update halts the simulation for non-host players on receiving a game-stop event

* Shell prints the number of outgoing messages pending when they start to pile up
- The original "Send buffer full" notice would happen when the count exceeded 32
- This usually indicates a connectivity problem (i.e. high loss)

* Show system messages in the net escape screen if system messages are enabled
- It uses a similar mechanism to regular chat messages
HitchcockGreen
Bull Dog

Re: New Build (2011-09-12) - Who Ya Gonna Call?

Post by HitchcockGreen »

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
Ultraken
Patch Creator

Post by Ultraken »

Not yet, but it's getting really close. I have a few things left to clean up and some updated assets to gather.
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

Eh, do you still have the build where this stuff used to be?

Zeno used to be able to make some really nice mod stuff for this game, now.. it seems like it hates Zeno. :\
Ultraken
Patch Creator

Post by Ultraken »

I have every build released since the first public build in 2009-11-27. They're all hosted my file server, so you can substitute any date you see in the changelog for the date embedded in the URL and get the build from that date. (I originally used bzone_d3d9_YYYY-MM-YY.7z but switched to bzone_YYYY-MM-DD.7z starting with the 2010-02-19 build.)

What build version were you playing in that video? (I would assume 2010-12-27 since that was when the video was uploaded.)

Also, what have you tried doing that hasn't worked?
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

Ultraken wrote:I have every build released since the first public build in 2009-11-27. They're all hosted my file server, so you can substitute any date you see in the changelog for the date embedded in the URL and get the build from that date. (I originally used bzone_d3d9_YYYY-MM-YY.7z but switched to bzone_YYYY-MM-DD.7z starting with the 2010-02-19 build.)
Ah, alright. Thanks! ^_____________________________^
What build version were you playing in that video? (I would assume 2010-12-27 since that was when the video was uploaded.)
Da, probably around there.
Also, what have you tried doing that hasn't worked?
Well, for starters. The bugs Zeno was exploiting to make those tanks behave the way they did in that video were invoked by fumbling with the cannon and mortar classifications for the weapons or something that they were primarily using. (Can't remember, been to long.) Because of this bug exploit, Zeno could make working aircraft that behaved like aircraft. Zeno got so far as to have them be able to dogfight and do passes. Also, as you can see, it gave land units some pretty interesting behaviors. Now, Zeno's confined to things that replicate helicopters.

The Build that Zeno's confined to now, (2011-03-19), is really unstable with Zeno's stuff. As mentioned in Zeno''s PM to you over BZ1.Net, the new builds wont even work with the stuff Zeno's put into her mod. (At least for Zeno's main mod. Only speaking for self here, you'd have to ask Goomba and a few other modders what their issues are.) It wasn't like this in the older builds. Usually, the only time Zeno's BZZR mod would crash is when to much was on-screen at one time, or when Zeno messed up an ODF file by accident.

Recently, after working off the 2011-03-19 build, weapons like the 30mm Cannon on the CCA Heavy Tank causes crashes now. Probably because it has to load a shot with the MAG Charge system than fire with the help of a laser pointer for aiming it works fine-ish when the player is piloting it, but when the AI is doing it, it crashes often. The Target Drone now crashes the game when it fires its Mas Grenade orb that gather's agro towards the Target Drone's self... Things that Zeno pt thought and effort into are now breaking. :\

This addon is so large that Zeno's probably not even scratching the surface of what's not working and what is.

In short, it'd just be really nice if one could just take a scavenger ODF, copy and paste the SP-Stabbers smoke trail into the Scav's file, than save the scav and the in load it up in game and see the scav moving around with a red smoke trail. *shrugs* Flexibility. :|