What would you improve?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: What would you improve?

Post by MrTwosheds »

It was a bit of a "Moon on a stick" answer. :) It's probably a highly inefficient thing to do.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i'd like to see gearbox release the borderlands 2 map editor; there are some amazing and huge 3d maps in it.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

This is what the Borderlands games were built with. Gearbox really don't need to release a specific map editor when the tools they used to build the game are freely available.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Lot's of things, which is why I'm on a mission to rebuild the game in UE4. It's flexible, it's moddable as hell and it's in C++ too. And it also won't go to **** like all other BZ remakes because it's in a new engine, I actually know how to run a project and because it's a hobby not a cash-cow.

I've also discovered that programming is actually bloody fun. The tricky part is the way BZ does it's classes compared to Unreal. 'Actor' would be their equivalent of 'GameObject', but I'm trying to avoid diving into the Engine source code so the game can update to new versions of Unreal with much less hassle. It will happen though, Unreal makes it pretty easy for me. Battlezone is a surprisingly complex game when you get down to the roots of it though. Lot's of cool and crazy stuff going on. Even now it's difficult to find a nice efficient way to do heat-seeking missiles the way BZ does them...

Source code would make my life a million times easier of course, but hell would sooner freeze over no doubt.
Developer @ Stormtide
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2350#p40547 << My UE4 Battlezone Project

ModDB - Battlezone II Unofficial Expansion Pack
CivBase
Drunken Scav

Post by CivBase »

Sounds like quite the challenge. Good luck!