A griefer problem

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

GSH
Patch Creator

Re: A griefer problem

Post by GSH »

"Irk"-
Commando is listed in the readme13.rtf that was installed with 1.3.6.4 as the honorary lead tester. I trust him far above someone with a name that sounds like a spammer trying to sell fake pharmaceuticals. You are very close to earning a spot on the moderation queue here where all posts need to be approved by a moderator.

-- GSH
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Well apologies if its not you. Most of us here cannot imagine what it is like to be so obsessive to maintain a hate campaign over a computer game for like 10 years or more, but that is what this is about.
"White lists" persecute the whole community over the actions of a few very misguided individuals, the use of a program such as http://www.peerblock.com/ is actually a much simpler solution, you can block proxy services, isp's, nations etc etc and turn it off and on at will. It is precisely the sort of response the community needs to take up against such selfish individuals, let it be the griefers who end up in single player mode. :)
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

I can promise you Irk, that is NOT me in that screenshot. Considering bz2 has no form of authentication, that could have been anyone in this community. If the whole thing is a misunderstanding, I apologize. If you are trying to accuse me of joining your game to start problems, I do not.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

I can assure you it wasnt me (page 1 of this topic), I havent been online in this game since GS dropped support.
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

This person, or group of people, have pretended to be a lot of different people. There are a few names I'm surprised they haven't used yet.

Based on my game yesterday, there were two people doing this or at least one person with two different IPs.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

they just need psychiatric help is all:

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20070321/065634.shtml
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Commando wrote:This person, or group of people, have pretended to be a lot of different people. There are a few names I'm surprised they haven't used yet.

Based on my game yesterday, there were two people doing this or at least one person with two different IPs.
I have a hunch I know exactly who this/those individual(s) are.
In particular because of what I would have said in game.
Red Devil wrote:they just need psychiatric help is all:

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20070321/065634.shtml
"As for a solution, GamePro recommends responding "with compassion", so if you can get a griefer to stop killing you long enough, try to get them on your amateur shrink's couch."

Yeah, sure ...
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

I got through about 3.5 sentences of that article before my brain hurt from the stupid.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

They are pretending to be me again? Odd, I didn't whack the hornet's nest recently (normally I can scare them pretty good when I make them think I can disable their anonymity).

If I had the time I could probably fix some problems with griefers but it would cause other issues (such as needing to launch games from an external program that prevents ppl not using the program from getting in your game by setting a random password).
Looks like they started using some of my alts now too, such as "Avalon". I used to use programming terms in the past too, like "Semaphore", but then someone real started using that name so I stopped using that one. Still use some others I am not listing in case I start playing again. I have not been in BZ2 in a year due to busyness and other projects.

It is generally a safe bet that if you see a "Nielk1" it isn't me. It could be, but normally the game would say something about testing. I would not be joining pickup-games randomly.
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

Yeah, I find banning is much more effective than showing compassion.
ANONYM0US
Scrap

Post by ANONYM0US »

GREETINGS CITIZENS OF BATTLEZONE 2.
WE ARE ANONYMOUS.

WE HAVE NOTICED THE STATE OF THIS GAME WHERE YOUR PRIVACY IS NOT GUARANTEED.
IMPROVE THE COMMUNITY FOR THE BETTER AND PREVENT THE COLLECTION OF PRIVATE INFORMATION.
IF THESE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT MEET, ALL SERVERS IN THIS COMMUNITY WILL BE TARGETED

WE ARE ANONYMOUS.
WE ARE LEGION.
WE NEVER FORGET, WE NEVER FORGIVE
EXPECT US.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

:roll:
Oh my, are we going to get BZ2PWNed!
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Edging toward just maintaining an auto-ban-list if posts like that are going to happen.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

The way that has been written gives me a pretty decent idea who the author might be, do note that the poster does not need to be the author.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

:idea: i think we need internet licenses so that you have to pass a test when you're 21 and, if you get enough violations, you're license gets suspended and revoked if you continue.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA