How did you discover BZ2?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

NFuser
Sober Scav

Re: How did you discover BZ2?

Post by NFuser »

Played a demo of it contained on a cd of heretic III :)
Axial
Drunken Scav

Post by Axial »

I played Battlezone in 1998 when it came out and was hooked; I was in the third grade. In 2002, I learned that there had been a sequel made, and I stumbled across a 4-pack of games at CompUSA containing Heavy Gear 2, Quake II, Dark Reign 2, and Battlezone II: Combat Commander. I bought two boxes. :D
DuoRanger
Thunderbolt

Post by DuoRanger »

well lets see, i've played the legendary beta version of BZ when i was a kid, then some time later i've got TRO with bz2 demo inside, i didn't like of the game, but then i've downloaded the game, afer that i've started to like it
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

DuoRanger wrote:well lets see, i've played the legendary beta version of BZ when i was a kid, then some time later i've got TRO with bz2 demo inside, i didn't like of the game, but then i've downloaded the game, afer that i've started to like it
How did you get a beta version?
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

It was on a CD full of Demo's that my uncle lent to me by PCGamer I think, I was hooked on that demo for years, but couldn't find the original game anywhere :(

About 5-6 years later I saw it completely by chance in a store in town. Traded in Porsche Challenge for it ;)
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

VSMIT wrote:
DuoRanger wrote:well lets see, i've played the legendary beta version of BZ when i was a kid, then some time later i've got TRO with bz2 demo inside, i didn't like of the game, but then i've downloaded the game, afer that i've started to like it
How did you get a beta version?
And do you still have it?
DuoRanger
Thunderbolt

Post by DuoRanger »

i posted a long time ago some pics from my bz 0.7beta, in fact, these pics still lives

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Battlezone1 ... owtopic=28

my father buyed a cd with programs and games in the 90's, heck that cd had even jack nicklaus golf and Dilbert game Demos
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

DuoRanger wrote:i posted a long time ago some pics from my bz 0.7beta, in fact, these pics still lives

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Battlezone1 ... owtopic=28

my father buyed a cd with programs and games in the 90's, heck that cd had even jack nicklaus golf and Dilbert game Demos
Actually. Zeno might put that on her 'Get BZ page'. With your permission, of course... da?
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

this is weird... i think i just fell in love with an avatar. :oops:
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

Red Devil wrote:this is weird... i think i just fell in love with an avatar. :oops:
Ooh la la.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

I like the old style comm tower, as seen in the intro. I didn't know it was an actual in-game building at some point. The GEOs for that would be interesting.
DuoRanger
Thunderbolt

Post by DuoRanger »

Zenophas wrote:
Red Devil wrote:this is weird... i think i just fell in love with an avatar. :oops:
Ooh la la.
Haruhism made another victim

"grabs the nailgun"
Zenophas wrote:Actually. Zeno might put that on her 'Get BZ page'. With your permission, of course... da?
im not Spock Lawl! :mrgreen:
Zax wrote:I like the old style comm tower, as seen in the intro. I didn't know it was an actual in-game building at some point. The GEOs for that would be interesting.
well the beta has a pic from this classic comm tower, even bz manual has one too
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Zenophas wrote:Actually. Zeno might put that on her 'Get BZ page'. With your permission, of course... da?
I dont mean any offence with this, though feel free to take some if you want :D

If Zeno keeps talking in 3th person about herself, Red Spot might just put Zeno on the banlist, as Red Spot finds it more than just uninteresting to read about someone talking about themselves in 3th person, every reply they make.

(Dont worry, I wont put you on a banlist for something as trivial as speaking in 3th person, but I may end up no longer reading your posts as I simply am not interested in what you have to say ... because of how you say it.)
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

Red Spot wrote:
I dont mean any offence with this, though feel free to take some if you want :D

If Zeno keeps talking in 3th person about herself, Red Spot might just put Zeno on the banlist, as Red Spot finds it more than just uninteresting to read about someone talking about themselves in 3th person, every reply they make.

(Dont worry, I wont put you on a banlist for something as trivial as speaking in 3th person, but I may end up no longer reading your posts as I simply am not interested in what you have to say ... because of how you say it.)
Alright.
DuoRanger wrote:im not Spock Lawl! :mrgreen:
Alright.

On it goes then.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Zero Angel doesn't find it to be annoying. If Zero Angel found it irritating, Zero Angel might just add Zenophas as a 'foe' so her posts are hidden by default.

EDIT: Fix third person fail