Ded10c
Recycler

Re: How did you discover BZ2?

Post by Ded10c »

Zax wrote:
Nielk1 wrote:
General BlackDragon wrote:I nominate Nielk1
Get off my lawn!
Although impressive, I think VSMIT has you beat just through sheer "srs faic" moments.
Somebody should get GSH to put "Grumpy Old Man" on his profile and change his permissions so he can't get it off, or something.
Broadside
Drunken Scav

Post by Broadside »

Believe it or not, I downloaded the demo for BZII at the age of 12. I played it and thought it was really cool. I forgot about it then remembered years later (18). I could not remember the title, so I ended up searching google using as many words from the demo that i could remember like satchel and the name of the dropship that went down. It took months of looking casually but I found it and play it often since.
Feldheld
Rattler

Post by Feldheld »

Ive played the coinslot game in the early 80s and it was my favourite computer game back then, even played it through to the end. In 1999 a friend gave me his copy of BZ2 and I didnt know there was a brand link between those two games, I only learned that much later. Anyway I tried to play it but lots of things didnt work, the controls were utter crap and the escape key didnt work, so I thought this game sucks and the CD collected dust for a year. Then one day I tried it again out of pure boredom, and this time I browsed the internet about its issues, found fixes, started to play it, and got hooked pretty quickly. It became my favourite single player game for quite a while. Tried multiplayer too but never became really good at it, had fun times though and encountered lots of impressive players but also a lot of childishness and team stacking which made most of multiplayer pointless. Also I found commanding in human strats very demanding, especially in those FE matches who could easily last several hours. it felt more like hard work rather than playing a game. So I stuck to MPI games, theyre something I can relax in.