29%
Other (Please Post Alternative)
14%

Total votes: 7

Psyringe
Thunderbolt

BATTLEZONE 2 TOURNY

Post by Psyringe »

incision is planning a Battlezone 1 Tournament Event, featuring MODS and standard rules. Before we launch our campaign we're curious what Virtual LAN players employ the most, seeing as how RakNet is no longer available.

incision intends to host multiple servers for several days - potentially across multiple VLAN's - to fill what could be a growing need. This is also an attempt to gauge resources for a new multipurpose business/gaming server incision will be employing.

Thanks for your input!
yeah
Rattler

Re: BATTLEZONE 2 TOURNY

Post by yeah »

If i'm not mistaken Gameranger is not a VPN but more of an external matchmaking server, somewhat similar to gamespy but "outgame" instead of "ingame".
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

There are 2 main parts on this forum.
One for BZ1, and one for BZ2. Guess where you posted this BZ1 related request?
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

*glares at the kitten*

In the infamous words of Ken: Copy Pasta is the best kind of pasta.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

Why are you putting "BZ1" and "RakNet" together? The two aren't even related.

Also, its tourney.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I'd have said it was fairly clear Psy is talking about BZ2 here. That's why, you know, there's a BZ1 topic in the BZ1 section.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

AHadley wrote:I'd have said it was fairly clear Psy is talking about BZ2 here. That's why, you know, there's a BZ1 topic in the BZ1 section.
It is the exact same topic, aka 'copy & paste'. So that one is also about BZ2?...
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

The topic in the BZ1 section, curve-ball as it is, is about BZ1. It was copied from this one and the RakNet comment was not removed because Psy is not acquainted with BZ1's matchmaking system.

How is this in any way difficult to understand?
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

Despite spelling, and the fact RakNet is not BZ1 related, incision still intends to host a Tournament for both games. One on a New ANet Server, and one likely on Tunngle.

An event will go online in a week or so on Facebook (join the groups) will all the relevant info.

For instance, to Participate in the BZ1 Torunament - you will need to download a non-"read-only" servers.dat file to get the updated server info. We will also have patch info to compete. We don't concern ourselves with the source so much as you have everything you need to play on our Highspeed Denver USA Server.

So despite all the confusion, thanks for your attention. This RakNet thing came at an interesting time.
We'll be set up in a week or so.
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

Check this out | https://www.evolvehq.com

After confirming their overlay system works with Battlezone II, I submitted to their listings. I tested their software and it's actually super legit. VOIP, Chat, Parties w/ Join Host Private

Before EvolveHQ, they created | http://www.lanbridger.com

Which we're probably going to employ. LAN Bridger with TeamSpeak, it's actually a very legit VLAN system requiring no sign-ups. Download - Play. They even have direct linking to your server via HTTP. 255 Users, our only concern is security.

I think either, or both, are great solutions.
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

Battlezone II and Battlezone was rejected by EvolveHQ.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

AHadley wrote:The topic in the BZ1 section, curve-ball as it is, is about BZ1. It was copied from this one and the RakNet comment was not removed because Psy is not acquainted with BZ1's matchmaking system.

I also dont get why you dont get it..
It is not wether I can understand or not, it is about it (not) being clear. The discussion that pops up and the fact that this BZ2 topic clearly talks about BZ1 clearly shows its not all that clear and I personally think its best to be specific when you want others to give you usefull answers. See where it leads when people(posters) dont?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Red Spot wrote:
AHadley wrote:The topic in the BZ1 section, curve-ball as it is, is about BZ1. It was copied from this one and the RakNet comment was not removed because Psy is not acquainted with BZ1's matchmaking system.

I also dont get why you dont get it..
It is not wether I can understand or not, it is about it (not) being clear. The discussion that pops up and the fact that this BZ2 topic clearly talks about BZ1 clearly shows its not all that clear and I personally think its best to be specific when you want others to give you usefull answers. See where it leads when people(posters) dont?
A topic titled "BATTLEZONE 2 TOURNY" in the BZ2 section that mentions BZ1 only once, then goes on to talk about RakNet and multiplayer mods? Four of those things specify BZ2, so it's no great stretch of the imagination to assume that the odd one out is a mistake.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

All I'm going to bother with is telling you you might have more free time if you would spend less time trying to get everyone to see things your way.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Red Spot wrote:All I'm going to bother with is telling you you might have more free time if you would spend less time trying to get everyone to see things your way.
You're right, the twenty seconds it takes to type a response makes all the difference. I leave this thread a changed man.

In seriousness though, this discussion only serves to detract from the thread's purpose of raising interest in a BZ2 tournament.

EDIT@PSY: You'd probably be better off posting at bz2maps.us.