Tournament Rules Help (Single Posting, Both Games)

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

jack775544
Thunderbolt

Re: Tournament Rules Help (Single Posting, Both Games)

Post by jack775544 »

Psyringe wrote:That's good, I want people asking questions. And your statistic is incorrect; that's unique hits, not thread loads.
No that is thread loads.
To test it I clicked in and out of the thread 5 times in a row (within a period of 30 seconds) and the counter incremented 5 times. Those views aren't unique.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist" - Charles Baudelaire
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

I see. It may not be registering for me due to the fact I'm the creator of the thread - I'd need to research phpBB further to know for sure. I'm only experienced with vBulletin and bbPress. Again, a Global Mod could confirm because views are a common and easily trackable feature, with options to tick either way.

Anyway, thanks for the views everyone! I'm glad the content is entertaining, worth visiting and/or reloading the page. :P
You can be absolutely positive there's bucketloads more to come. Battlezone isn't going anywhere... right?

There are other talented developers on this website worth checking out, be sure to visit their threads as well! :D
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Psyringe wrote:If you guys don't believe me, then so be it. This is just a rules thread.
-People dont believe you cause you are spewing crap and think that stating otherwise makes it correct. Take a basic course in psychology and you should be able to figure out how wrong you actually are. You dont even have to bother with what you are actually talking about.

-No, it is not. It is a personal glorification-thread. Making yourself believe you are achieving something by twisting and turning things, like you did with pagehits.
How on earth did you come to the conclusion that you, as a stranger within this community, would be the person to set up a tournement?
How many people do you think will follow 'you' when they actually do join the community and find out you're quickly turning yourself into an outcast?
Feared_1
Sabre

Post by Feared_1 »

He's basically making a fool of himself before anyone even knows who he is.

Sad, really.

Too bad he doesn't actually play the game.
This is where my signature picture would normally be. It is not, as you can see.
You're wasting your time reading this. :)
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

Bigger picture, guys. Break out the chairs, we'll be here a while.
Last edited by Psyringe on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Tl;dr.

I said what I think needs to be said, and waited some time before I actually did. I did not say it to receive a lengthy defensive post with a bunch of nonsense as that is the reason I made my previous post in the first place. It is also the reason for mentioning psychology, which was not an attack. Since you seem to be using your own flavour of psychology you'd do good learning a bit about it since you're clearly not fooling anybody here but yourself.
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

Nothing is changed, we're both back at square one.
Nobody said you were attacking, nor did I ever intend to appear as defensive.
Would you like a sandwich?
Last edited by Psyringe on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

Psyringe wrote:Bigger picture, guys.
Perhaps there truly is a bigger picture. Perhaps nothing really is what it seems to be...

Perhaps I finally agree. There is more than meets the eye.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Has it got nuts in it? :D
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Psyringe wrote:Nobody said you were attacking, nor did I ever intend to appear as defensive.
Would you like a sandwich?
I'll just illustrate it for and see if that makes it clearer for you, I doubt it though.
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

I'm not going to debate on anything, but I wanted to chime in something real fast that was discussed a couple days ago.

I can confirm that phpBB thread titles, aside from topic creator (I don't believe this is counted, so that could use some further confirmation), all thread views are not unique and are incremented by 1 every time the thread loads.

How do I know this? I used to work with phpBB ages ago back when v2.0.11 was the hottest thing until shortly after v3 was released. I switched to SMF at that point. Oh, and I was, very briefly, on the phpBB Support Team, but they couldn't take my rather harsh views. Hardly anyone could.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

Word. I'm not sure - my issue of "boosting" may stem from many reasons, beginning with my connection. To do anything I'd need to be "in town" - I do most of my work from a private workshop limited by satellite connection (good download, poor upload, great firewall). Starting from there, any number of tick or varied plugin errors might occur.

Users who argue that I don't play online must understand this limitation - my games are scheduled. It's "Game Night" or scheduled screen recording... yes, coming sooner than many would like with a delicious twist. Game night will eventually grow to BZ2Maps, check in a week or two to lay the heat on the real Psyringe during a live recorded game - I want to be owned, it would be boring otherwise. Bring your friends, there will be many on my team.

As for PHPbb, I've worked on sites that have it but almost always take it away for a platform I better understand on the back end. Wordpress supports bbPress, and I'll favor that for the single sign-on; vBulletin is a higher end comprehensive platform that any user can pick up (please do if an intro forum creator) -- both of which I prefer over phpBB and it's popular security risks.

In reference to the thread tail - I'd like to say while my "methods" enrage many - they come with purpose. I'll be back and active in a few weeks - keep up the content creation, it's vital. Your imagination, hate, drive, whatever you choose to call it - is what keeps this community alive at this point in time. Without, Battlezone would absolutely die - your presence is more valuable than what it appears - and in retrospect, you are legend.
Last edited by Psyringe on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

Me, personally, I hate vB. Its ugly, and its interface is stupid confusing. Sure its powerful, but it lacks the finesse of being easy-to-use unlike phpBB, SMF, even MyBB. But 'nuff about that. Oh, and one last thing, the yearly expensive license for it and paid upgrades.. yeah no thanks.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

early expensive license for it and paid upgrades
Clients leisure, really. Setting up vBulletin is easier than most platforms, and gives the garuantee I suppose. Just another forum option, of many.
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

Psyringe wrote:I'd like to say while my "methods" enrage many