Graphics Card Struggling to Play BZ2 at Highest settings.

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

XxHAMADEHxX
Sabre

Graphics Card Struggling to Play BZ2 at Highest settings.

Post by XxHAMADEHxX »

Hello guys. I know this sounds ridiculous but I'm playing with an AMD Radeon 4300/4500 graphics card(Processor is a phenom 2 with 8GB ram). The problem is the game is struggling on certain mods along with textures popping in and out on big maps. I get about 30-150 FPS depending on mod or map. Standard game runs good but still has small problems, no big issues. I would lower the res, but my monitor does not support 720p.

I was thinking about grabbing an RX 460 or a 1050ti unless you guys have some other suggestions besides lowering the settings.
GSH
Patch Creator

Re: Graphics Card Struggling to Play BZ2 at Highest settings.

Post by GSH »

Per this link, the Radeon 4300/4500 were announced in 2008, and can be outfitted with slower memory. After 8 years, it's probably time to think about an upgrade.

BZ2 does have a lot of things you can do to dial down settings. Shadows on High has always been slower and buggy. 1.3.7.x has support for sliders to set the range at which terrain & lighting take full effect -- you can dial those in to be nicer to your system. Also, 1.3.7.x has some multithreading support, taking a burden off your CPU's main thread.

-- GSH
XxHAMADEHxX
Sabre

Post by XxHAMADEHxX »

After 8 years, it's probably time to think about an upgrade.
Ya I didn't realize how bad it was until I tried playing BZ at 1080p.
BZ2 does have a lot of things you can do to dial down settings. Shadows on High has always been slower and buggy. 1.3.7.x has support for sliders to set the range at which terrain & lighting take full effect -- you can dial those in to be nicer to your system. Also, 1.3.7.x has some multithreading support, taking a burden off your CPU's main thread.
I guess i will do that.

Thanks friend.
jack775544
Thunderbolt

Post by jack775544 »

Pretty much any modern GPU has enough power for BZ2. For perspective, my laptop with Intel integrated graphics can play the vanilla game at 60fps at a resolution of 3800x1800. So anything dedicated would probably get better performance then that.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist" - Charles Baudelaire