Scav brains

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Progressor
Thunderbolt

Scav brains

Post by Progressor »

I wonder: Is it difficult to modify code that drives the scav brains? They always ingore the fresh debris until I issue a direct "Scavenge" command. Is that code deep in the game source code engine or not? Is it possible to modify code to make scavs to take nearest debris?

The second question is: why the repair trucks are SO stupid? If it was the game designer's intention, it is ok. I notice that behavior of repair trucks differs from mod to mod.

The third question is: Do you masters have access to the code that drives the intelligence of the _computer_ units? If yes, it could be a new world...
Red Devil
Recycler

Re: Scav brains

Post by Red Devil »

Yes, there's a lot of settings you can change to alter the behavior of units.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Re: Scav brains

Post by General BlackDragon »

There are a lot of ODF settings for AI behavior, which is all various code paths in the game engine.

As for better AI for computers, again, that's ODF settings of units, AIP files for building, and C++ DLL scripts to set them up. All of which are moddable. The only thing you can't change is basic AI ship behavior, aside from ODF parameters.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****