What shall we do now?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Iron Maiden
Sabre

What shall we do now?

Post by Iron Maiden »

Before the sad demise of BZU, sinking into the virtual sea, the CP was already pretty stale, no one had posted for a month or more. What I am curious about is how we are going to carry on from here. Most of the stuff was on BZU, and it took quite a time to make. We seem to have lost Jaydenbz2 at the moment, and he was one of our best modelers, so everything no seems to be up in the air. Do we have any plan B's? Or C's? Let me know If there is anything I can do to help.

--Iron Maiden
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Re: What shall we do now?

Post by Nielk1 »

I am in contact with Jayden and he has even made a recent post about the CP2 and consulted with me on the story of one of the races for it. Of course, I think the post is in the dev section so no one else can see it. I set up a CP2 section on BZComplex here: http://www.bzcomplex.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=61

All the CP2 assets and images were hosted on the BZComplex server anyway so we didn't loose anything.
Iron Maiden
Sabre

Post by Iron Maiden »

Whew, good to know. So, will we now be shifting focus to BZ complex to continue the CP or will we move it here?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

IDK, I was hosting the files for trading between developers anyway. I know I do need to sort out the visual issue some have with my site though.
Iron Maiden
Sabre

Post by Iron Maiden »

Meaning no offense, but BZcomplex seems jsut to......slow. I only say this because I look at soem of the dates between posts and it just seems crazy to me. I would personally prefer having it here, seeing how we are now getting an influx of people redirected here from BZ2maps, which would mean new recruits.

Also, the graphics on BZ complexmight scare people off. :D
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

BZComplex will have a new color theme option when I have the time.

The time between posts is simply because BZCx was set up last time BZU was nearly lost. However, BZU did NOT die that day, and thus BZCx went into hibernation. It did however gain use as the center for story information via the Wiki. There was a recent lul bu the wiki on average received at least 7 edits a week and was quite active up until maybe a month ago.
Semaphore
Rattler

Post by Semaphore »

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is CP2? I recall that FE was called a community project at some point (or at least a large effort on their behalf), so is CP2 set on being a continuation of that?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Nielk1 wrote:was quite active up until maybe a month ago.
Sorry, my fault :mrgreen:
Semaphore wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is CP2? I recall that FE was called a community project at some point (or at least a large effort on their behalf), so is CP2 set on being a continuation of that?
CP2 is intended to do something along those lines, yes. It doesn't follow directly after FE, though, it instead occurs at the same time as the last part of the Fleshstorm Trilogy.
Semaphore
Rattler

Post by Semaphore »

Flesh Storm is part of the timeline too? I never thought about that. Someone needs to create a complete Battlezone Timeline. ;)

I only played the first, but I should give both of them a whirl.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Semaphore wrote:Flesh Storm is part of the timeline too? I never thought about that. Someone needs to create a complete Battlezone Timeline. ;)

Something like this?
Semaphore
Rattler

Post by Semaphore »

Nielk1 wrote:
Semaphore wrote:Flesh Storm is part of the timeline too? I never thought about that. Someone needs to create a complete Battlezone Timeline. ;)

Something like this?
Cool, thanks! Things sure have changed a lot. :)
sabrebattletank
Thunderbolt

Post by sabrebattletank »

Yeah, something like that.