MPI players

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

XxHAMADEHxX
Sabre

MPI players

Post by XxHAMADEHxX »

Hello

I haven't been on bz2 in awhile and I wanted to know what mods mpi players are currently using.

Before gamespy left us they we were using TheJamsh's expansion pack.

Are they still using it? or are they using G66

Thanks
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Re: MPI players

Post by Nielk1 »

And that right there is one of several reasons why the UEP is not maintained.
"TheJamsh's expansion pack"

Like 10 people worked on that, 5 actively, 50 if you count all the content.
XxHAMADEHxX
Sabre

Post by XxHAMADEHxX »

Dunno I thought that's what it was called for some reason XD
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

MPI'ers tend to play the basegame, however most of them no longer play online or conect directly with eaxh other.
Something about being griefed too often...
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

Getting a game and instantly asking for mods is like asking for salt before tasting the food.

-- GSH
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

^Loved that show :D
XxHAMADEHxX
Sabre

Post by XxHAMADEHxX »

@ Gsh I asked because back in the day everybody played UEP. Almost nobody played stock.

@redspot Anyway to still find them?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

I would say host and see what happens, but until we have that DDoSer's internet cut off I don't know how well that will go.
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

Back in my day, it was 1.2 stock or G66 for MPI stuff. But that was like 10 years ago or so.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

XxHAMADEHxX wrote:@ Gsh I asked because back in the day everybody played UEP. Almost nobody played stock.

@redspot Anyway to still find them?
Not true. Only a handfull played UEP, even fewer G66 and the rest played stock. And since UEP is fairly new I wouldnt even say 'back in the day'.

'Back in the day', after the release of 1.2, we all played stock and some 'tested' G66, untill G66 became playable in 'multiworld'.
-
Not that I know. I'm one of those that stopped going online. In my case cause a 'dynamic trio' found it interesting to join games I am in to grief me, but they just end up griefing the host while making fools of themselves. The couple of players I'm still in touch with only play offline games now, as do I.
XxHAMADEHxX
Sabre

Post by XxHAMADEHxX »

What I ment by back in the day is right before gamespy went offline.
Every game I remember playing during that time was uep.

But thank you.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

UEP was in fact more played than anything else for a time after it came out. The vets didn't like this.
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

That just means more "non-vets" had the brains to hit the "Create Game" button than "vets" did.

Seriously, it's not hard for anyone to just push that button if you don't see a game you want to join -- don't come whining asking for others to create a game. Each and everyone has the power within themselves to create the BZ2 session that they want to exist.

-- GSH
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Nielk1 wrote:UEP was in fact more played than anything else for a time after it came out. The vets didn't like this.
First of all, Nielk1, you are full of ****. Vets includes anyone who plays strat, knows how to play strat properly (e.g. scav management, team maneuvers) and has at least half-a-brain. This includes people like sub-0, tub_but, luminess. who are genuinely nice people not to mention the dozens of people who you've never even met or talked to because they don't go on forums. Jeeze, you make it sound as if theres some kind of conspiracy that the 'vets' are on like we're all some kind of 'clannish' cartel of people who conspire to ruin MPI games because we can't *stand* that people are having fun outside of our game mode. This is FALSE. Blatantly false.

A majority of vets simply don't care what the noobs and MPI players play, and while we preferred they played our own game mode, this is only a preference and not something that warrants wrecking someone elses enjoyment for (not to mention that it is not effective at all). I can picture UEP becoming more popular among MPI players because of the small amount of MPI maps available in 1.3 stock, but for ST players, the poorly tested and maintained game modes in UEP was not appealing at all and more gimmicky than anything. Honestly you would have to have been a really active ST player to understand what makes ST so fun for the people who play it, which is why TV's mods and FE, were so respected by vets.

With that said, what the mpi players do or what happens to them has never been a concern to most ST players, just like how i'm sure that most MPI players dont care about what goes on in ST games.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep