Forgotten Enemies 1.3 Singleplayer Fixes

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Red Devil
Recycler

Re: Forgotten Enemies 1.3 Singleplayer Fixes

Post by Red Devil »

well, the ship is (was) called ivcorbin, but the credits, the VO documentation, and the VO's themselves all say Corber
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Can't argue how it's pronounced, of course, but I always assumed that was the correct spelling. It's most certainly Corbin in *some* of the documentation in-game, but I'm not sure how much.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

well, they start off with Corber as the character at the top of the sheet, then they mistakenly use Corbin as the one talking down in the text. the credits say Corber and the voices all distinctly say Corber, so that's what i'm going with for the sake of consistency.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Maybe I'll tally all the text instances if I can actually find enough time to, got way too much stuff to make now.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

no need to
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Red Devil wrote:yup; if you time it right, the ones from red squad can help you kill the second drone.
Only if you somehow get the drone to actually damage the scouts, and as the drones have their own attackorders they wont unless shot at themselves ...
Also, if you actually want to get into the game, roleplay it a bit, you probably dont want to do that as its not what has been ordered :)
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

pretty sure i got the random fail of Firing Back fixed and the camera scenes running faster. may even get rid of one of the camera plays.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

working on 'Into The Fire' now, the longest, biggest mission.

getting the gap in the crater wall to appear.

might try adjusting the lighting slightly and gradually over time in the SP missions, too.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

found the reason for the breach in the crater not being made.
Pongo Ole Boy
Scrap

Post by Pongo Ole Boy »

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this / if there's a workaround I'm unaware of but here goes:

I'm no Firing Back, Win7 64bit FE1.3 and when I accumulate enough scrap to fire off a shot the camera goes to a cutscene and I hear the guy saying "good job engineer team, the megagun will be history in about 55 seconds." Unfortunately, however, the cutscene is not right - the camera is stuck in the terrain usually and I can never return to control of my ship. Pressing spacebar causes the background audio to loop. (i.e. the warning sounds of units being fired upon) The only way out is when I eventually die.

Strange thing is, once or twice it managed to go through and actually fire off, causing my recycler to go under attack. I lost that particular instance and had to reload, but have never gotten it to work again...
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Pongo Ole Boy wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to ask this / if there's a workaround I'm unaware of but here goes:

I'm no Firing Back, Win7 64bit FE1.3 and when I accumulate enough scrap to fire off a shot the camera goes to a cutscene and I hear the guy saying "good job engineer team, the megagun will be history in about 55 seconds." Unfortunately, however, the cutscene is not right - the camera is stuck in the terrain usually and I can never return to control of my ship. Pressing spacebar causes the background audio to loop. (i.e. the warning sounds of units being fired upon) The only way out is when I eventually die.

Strange thing is, once or twice it managed to go through and actually fire off, causing my recycler to go under attack. I lost that particular instance and had to reload, but have never gotten it to work again...
WIP wait till next release
Pongo Ole Boy
Scrap

Post by Pongo Ole Boy »

Haha okay, I guess I didn't realize that FE was still being worked on. I recall getting past this point years ago!
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

in BZ2 1.2 yes.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

works okay locally now, but the dll's created with the scriptor have a few irregularities, so i might have to convert some to straight c++.

i sent what i had at the moment back to BS-er, so maybe he can update it. i'm trying not to use straight c++ dor the mission dll's so that they can still be 'easily' modified by others down the road using scriptor/reverse scriptor.

btw, i always thought that the megagun getting destroyed at the end was a fail/error until i finally read the debrief at the end.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Wait, surely you played the original?