How do I install battlezone 2 Forgotten Enemies

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Zax
Attila

Re: How do I install battlezone 2 Forgotten Enemies

Post by Zax »

You THINK you are done, but wait till we have to teach you how to update it when patches come out :D which hopefully they will. The drones are tough, maybe even a bit unfair in this build, but keep in mind FE was designed for old school vet players. 1.3 lets the AI lay waste to the player a bit more since if you path them to attack something, by god they will attack it with no distractions. If that target doesn't fire back, they will sit there and shoot till it's dead.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Lord Scion wrote:I'm sure you all will be glad to know i finally got it to work, except for the three way IA being all weird. Also one commentary. How are the drones on mission 1 on 1.3 so tough? im mean barely 1.5 seconds of shooting a traansport and the transport has little life left, when i still had 1.2 they only had miniguns like us. I erased 1.2 because none of it worked. So basically, i am DONE :D :D :D I finally have FE, and even without the three way, on some maps, i can choose between normal, three way, or chaos. one last thing too. is it normal that all the cerberi units use the same "voices" as the ISDF? So on a last note THANK YOU all for helping me, i have it done. and now that i have gone through all this, ill only ask one LAST question. Fleshtorm... can anyone post that, and do i download it to the 1.3 too? lol. i prmosise that Fleshtorm wont drag out, but is fleshtorm just like FE? download it, run it to 1.3, create a shortcut, and voila? again... thanks

Interesting point, actually. The Nadir drones always used the Crubex gun, but it was an old version, now it's the new one. And far more dangerous. Needs toning back down to assault chain.

EDIT: Page 11.
Lord Scion
Rattler

Post by Lord Scion »

FE was designed for vet players
I've been playing this game for...... 7 years? (can't be precise, 6 or seven, give or take a few months :3) I'm really good at base building fast, decent at one on one fighting. The IA isn't all that hard, really, even on the hardest setting, but they are still not as easy as the original. Also, the FE variety maps let you chose three things: vs, three way, or chaos. I always chose freeway: I'm the EDF, vs the Cereberi and the Hadeans. The hadeans act normally, but the cerberi build one power node, then all activity stops in their area. Still fun tho
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

"Vet" normally refers to the higher-skilled tier of the strategy community.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Sometimes. You would be surprised at how bad some of the people who are considered vets can be though. Some people have been playing bz2 actively for 5+ years and they are still at an intermediate stage of skill but are still called vets. So veteran refers more to a level of experience and activity than skill. Though naturally since skill comes with experience, skill tends to accumulate with veterancy (with many exceptions). Most people who frequent this board would not be considered veteran strat players (vets) just because they arent or werent active enough to become known in the vet community.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

So wait, I've been playing off and on since I was like 12, does that make me a vet?
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

So wait, I've been playing off and on since I was like 12, does that make me a vet?
You have the experience and online attitude problems of most vets, but you don't agree with what they say. So, vets would say no -- because it's their groupthink that really defines them, not their skill -- but anyone seeing your words would think so.

-- GSH
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

GSH wrote:
You have the experience and online attitude problems of most vets, but you don't agree with what they say. So, vets would say no -- because it's their groupthink that really defines them, not their skill -- but anyone seeing your words would think so.

-- GSH
Haha! Would that attitude be my 2 crazy moments during finals or the fact I just don't take kindly to stupid (which I define based on quantitative means)?

If I had time to do things I might even be dangerous, RUN AWAY! :twisted:

Though in all seriousness, stress can do that to a person, after I graduate and find a new job, I should be a bit calmer.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

"Vet" in bz2 at least, is really a rating of how obsessively you play strat.
I bought bz2 the day it hit the shelves, but I only get to be an "intermediate" in some peoples eyes, because my skills are not quite honed/maintained to the level required to beat some of the best obsessive players. Some of the people who make these judgements are actually far less competent at commanding than me and very rarely take on that role themselves.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

It goes back to the difference between the rts people and the fps people.
Feared_1
Sabre

Post by Feared_1 »

It's more of a playing style. Like it or not, vets are the best players in the game because of their playing style. The fast-paced gameplay really helps build skill in the game.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Having a job at the same time as school ruins a person. It just doesn't work...
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Nielk1 wrote:So wait, I've been playing off and on since I was like 12, does that make me a vet?
Hey, me too, I'm still hopeless! :lol:
Zax wrote:Having a job at the same time as school ruins a person. It just doesn't work...
I know this feeling.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

*directs above to join him at the disabled veterans hall*