Forgotten Enemies 1.3 Singleplayer Fixes

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Zero Angel
Attila

Re: Forgotten Enemies 1.3 Singleplayer Fixes

Post by Zero Angel »

AHadley wrote:Even if it was, it didn't make sense.
Makes plenty of sense.

First of all, most native cerberi craft were not driven by a pilot as we know it -- in fact I think one of the mission debriefings speaks of how they managed to capture a cerberi craft only to find out that there was no space for a pilot. This leads me to the theory that most of the Cerberi units are effectively AI drones. This likely doesnt count for 'assimilated' craft.

Secondly there is balance reasons, in situations where the map is supposed to be difficult, a player sniping a Krul or Siren would likely be more powerful than they're supposed to be.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

yes, i'll be removing the pilots from the ai-piloted cerberi
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

You've misunderstood me; I was saying that snipable Cerberi don't make sense. The craft still function when the pilot is dead because, technically, the pilot wasn't alive in the first place. Your post is entirely correct. Some Cerberi craft contain assimilated pilots, some (presumably those created by the Cerberi production facilities themselves) do not.

The Cerberi are something of a black spot in the lore, though. We don't have anywhere near as much information about them as we could do with.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Zero Angel wrote:
AHadley wrote:Even if it was, it didn't make sense.
Makes plenty of sense.

First of all, most native cerberi craft were not driven by a pilot as we know it -- in fact I think one of the mission debriefings speaks of how they managed to capture a cerberi craft only to find out that there was no space for a pilot. This leads me to the theory that most of the Cerberi units are effectively AI drones.
^ That, exactly why I mentioned recalling them not having pilots in 1.2.