Culled FE Posts

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

eli
Drunken Scav

Re: Forgotten Enemies for PB6

Post by eli »

I have 3 problems with FE.

1. the portals only work in instant.(i never played the regular FE so I don't know if that's normal or not)
2.When i play DM some it wont let me pilot some ships and just throws me in a Hadean ship.
3.when i play DM it won't re-spawn my ship.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Recent builds fix most of that, IIRC.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

which map(s) and which options and which ships?
Juggernaut
Thunderbolt

Post by Juggernaut »

more FE Bugs found (and ty Red Devil for attempting to address these):
Using FE latest rev (8a)

Tried hosting FE MPI Battle Isle --- game froze at very beginning, every time, regardless of settings trying to use this map.

CP Ammo2go (MPI) gets: Error ODF "ivturr_evturr.odf does not exist"; message is listed in chat box. Normal settings, EDF base vs Hadean ... normal settings, the game played through fine. Still get occasional white box as teammate icon thumbnail (haven't determined which ship(s) yet).

If changing animal setting in map options from default 5 to another number, it only jumps in 10K increments (up to 99,999). Cant set back to 5, only a numbr 10K o higher or zero.

I'll post more as I find bugs.

thanks!
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

looks like all the map files for MPIBattle are missing, so i recreated them.

i need to know from people where the human rec should be and where the AI rec should be. i see on the strat map that the span points are in the NW and SE corners.

the "ivturr_evturr.odf msg needs me to tweak the MPI DLL.

white icon is due to the Hadean (and probably Cerberi) pilot missing an icon.

animal slider issue needs some code added.
Juggernaut
Thunderbolt

Post by Juggernaut »

white icon happened on FE MPI Dunes just now, the teammate was using a Triton and Krull, but I then noticed sometimes the icon will appear correct w/ krull(i think after a resynch, could be wrong). But then goes to white shortly after. game ran great otherwise.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

okay, thanks, i'll check all the Tritons and Kruls
Juggernaut
Thunderbolt

Post by Juggernaut »

hahaha not really a bug but misspelling and I forgot to mention .. any reference server message should read 'forgottEn .. not fogottOn :) (title screen under 'credits' and sever message default i noticed). :roll: :-)
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

wowsers, i'm shocked at that. i'm a stickler for spelling most of the times and i completely missed that.
Major Cooke
Sober Scav

Post by Major Cooke »

Map 6 (one way ticket), when the recycler is transferred to the player and you're ordered to deploy, you can select it but you can't do anything with it. Also, it's not on the F# keys.

Another thing, while you can get out of cutscenes now, they still don't stop themselves and you have to manually keep pressing space bar to rid of them.
23-down
Drunken Scav

Post by 23-down »

Hey guys I'm currently in the mood the play Battlezone II again.

Forgotten Enemies as well of course. Now I noticed several new patches has been released such as PB6.

The last version I've played with was PB3.

Can you please give people a more precise install instruction on page1?
Because at the moment it says basically nothing.

Anyway that's what I did: I've installed BZ2 from CD. patched directly to pb6 and then installed your new Forgotten Enemies version and patched with Testversion A. And then I've created a shortcut leading to the cfg file. /config FE13.cfg and deleted the maps and Addon folder like mentioned on page1 since those files are included within the pak. file.

While I can enter the mod without any problems I have absolutely nothing in it. Skirmish maps aren't present and the Mercury mission let me spawn in a Hadean tank at the beginning. It worked only 1 time for some reason where I spawned in the Dropship and my EDF scout along with Major. Essex.

From reading the first 2 pages I'm well aware that this is not working yet very well but at least others seem to be able to actually play it. So I assume that I forgot something to do. Please be aware that I didn't read all 25 pages. That would be to much. The search function brought me no results and Google only gave me old page results which aren't related to pb6.

unrelated to PB6:
By the way I also still have the original version of Forgotten Enemies "bz2cp_full.exe". Should the PB6 variant not being playable yet does anyone know how to install the original? I still have the "BZ2_v13PublicBeta3_english.exe" patch and I know that it worked earlier with that. But I can't remember how to install it correct. I just remember that it was always a bit tricky to get FE up and running no matter on what version BZ2 currently was.

Thank you and good luck on the PB6 port keep working on it. I'm sure you will get it working soon. I just hope the next patch won't screw things up again.

greetings 23-down
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Deleting maps and addon is only if you are installing a patch on top of an old install so files don't get stacked. Between every update the maps and addon should be deleted and the update ones put in its place. If you have no maps and addon you are doomed, since it won't operate without those.

Also, if SP is your goal (and MP to a still prevalent extent) then you may consider waiting if you aren't planning on testing in detail. Playing it just to play is ok, but it is encouraged that you report any oddities. If you are not willing to report bugs found, I must caution you that SP is currently a - how to put it - bumpy experience at best. The parts that play play well and those that don't are kind of tricky. Play at own risk ;)
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

just finished trying Cloak of Deception again. The Creator still tries to walk through that wall at the beginning, so i used a tug to get him going.

i messed up trying to kill the Defenders with EDF units and got soundly scolded, but it was impossible to kill the one on the left and i cannot select it in the editor to discover its properties. saving in in ascii showed nothing pertaining to its health, so i am looking in its script to see if it jacks up the health if you attack it using non-cerb units.

tried Sheep's Clothing and it is probably impossible to beat without cheats due to masses of units attacking and wiping out your units in the beginning.
Major Cooke
Sober Scav

Post by Major Cooke »

Red Devil wrote:just finished trying Cloak of Deception again. The Creator still tries to walk through that wall at the beginning, so i used a tug to get him going.

i messed up trying to kill the Defenders with EDF units and got soundly scolded, but it was impossible to kill the one on the left and i cannot select it in the editor to discover its properties. saving in in ascii showed nothing pertaining to its health, so i am looking in its script to see if it jacks up the health if you attack it using non-cerb units.

tried Sheep's Clothing and it is probably impossible to beat without cheats due to masses of units attacking and wiping out your units in the beginning.
RD, have you tried the One-Way Ticket bug?

And yeah, those other maps are extremely hard.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Juggernaut wrote:hahaha not really a bug but misspelling and I forgot to mention .. any reference server message should read 'forgottEn .. not fogottOn :) (title screen under 'credits' and sever message default i noticed). :roll: :-)
Someone on the FE team had really bad spelling. The t-shirt is the same.