Forgotten Enemies for 1.3.6.5 BETA

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Re: Forgotten Enemies for 1.3.6.5 BETA

Post by General BlackDragon »

RD has yet to release a version of FE that is compatible with 1.3.6.5. There were some UI changes made in 1.3.6.4r that added the UI upscale thing. (and the option in Graphics options page 2 in 1.3.6.4t)

Other then that, this release of FE should work the same as it did before.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i have 3 months of summer (4 if i'm lucky) to work on outside projects up here, so most of my time is devoted to that in the summer. plus, i've been fed up with/discouraged by others, so have been exploring other games, too.

after i'm done, i'll fix the FE screens, finish adding IA maps, and finish adding some options.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
yeah
Rattler

Post by yeah »

Well thanks in advance Red Devil and I hope the community won't lose you completely to other games.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Me too. I miss your FE / G66 updates, it's been a while :D
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Red Devil wrote:i have 3 months of summer (4 if i'm lucky) to work on outside projects up here
You actually have time? I just don't sleep.
Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

Generally speaking, the Forgotten Enemies is the best SP campaign mod. It was and is a great job and it's a pity we still don't have a completely playable package for 1.3.6.5...
Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

If someone is interested, here are the FE crash log files from 1.3.6.5: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/409 ... 1.5221.log
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/409 ... 4.8151.log. The problem is 100% reproducable. Saved game: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40900550/22.sav
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

thank you; will take a look at it tonight.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Played a game on IA Lock, dunno if you've fixed these things yet, but noticed some minor things.

on ibrecy, UV mapping on the faces behind the 3 polygon blue thingies is horribly stretched, it should be fixed.

the ISDF build effect, rings should fade to 0 transparency at end. Atm they just snap out of existence, which looks odd.

ibbase, the name is distracting, maybe set canInteract = 0, so it doesn't pop up with a name, and missiles dont lock onto it? also it can't be demolished. the canDemolish = true goes under [BuildingClass], it doesn't work under [GameObjectClass].

FAF missile ramp time decrease, 0.5 maybe? or 0.25? It starts out traveling too slow IMO.

bzame_init colorgroup DEFAULT needs to be semi transparent, the build gauge completely covers the icon in bzgame_group while building.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

new jeep died tonight; just got home from tow; afk
Abraham Lincoln

Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

Now, with 1.3.6.5, I cannot play the SP campaign mission "Into the Fire". The mission starts but objectives are never displayed and the Recycler does not move to the first Nav point as directed by the script. Here is the pilot file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/409 ... ilot_0.dat.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i'll probably need to recompile the scripts using the latest code.
Abraham Lincoln

Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

If you do, I am ready to provide a full report about all SP campaign missions.
Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

Another crash log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/409 ... 0.6921.log

Starting from the "Into the Fire" mission plus/minus two missions, if a saved game is loaded more than once, the BZ2 will probably crash when loading a game. This behavior is typical even for old FE versions.
AI_Unit
Thunderbolt

Post by AI_Unit »

You need to allow the players to skip the camera sequence when Schultz gets captured. Otherwise it just runs for an unnecessary amount of time even after the scene is finished, by the time it finished, you're either dead or your Recycler has been destroyed. Haven't noticed any other bugs yet apart from that and the fact the mission doesn't start. Anything else that needs doing just let me know. As far as missions go, I know there is a bug with "Escape Path" I fixed the Recycler's undeployment glitch but when the DLL creates the Meteor's it freezes the game, I'm sure it has something to do with the ODF but I haven't looked into it thoroughly yet. For Instant Action missions, I know that the Cerberi doesn't work in the Variety game mode. For some reason; the AIP stops after the enemy team has a power node and a few light units. I'm thinking of re-writing some of the FE AIP's to 1.3 Style AIP format. Not sure about any MPI errors. If I see anything, I'll probably start work on it.
Current Mod: AI's Expansion Pack

AI_Unit was here.