UEP - Problems

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

NostalgicRCB
Drunken Constructor

UEP - Problems

Post by NostalgicRCB »

The Unofficial Expansion Pack used to work fine for me. Today no matter what setting I try I cannot get any new units to appear in multiplayer. BZ also complains about how mods need to be placed in the proper format and checked to be compatible with 1.6.4? In game it complains of missing assets but when I select the new recyclers for the enemy the the Jammish gunship or whatever its called it appears fine in game. Do I need to re-install Battlezone 1.6.2 for this mode to work correctly?
Zero Angel
Attila

Re: UEP - Problems

Post by Zero Angel »

UEP was developed for 1.6.2 and hasn't been made to be compatible with 1.6.4. Most notably it now needs autoreg files to be created for some of its recycler variants as well as because the vehicle lists have changed to using a new format, the vehicle lists must be converted to the new format (odf) in order to be used. You'll need to use 1.6.2 to play the UEP with all of its things, or someone will need to make the UEP compatible with 1.6.4.

That said nobody currently maintains the UEP. So if you want to do the things I mentioned then go ahead.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I'm trying to get hold of the latest existing copy of the UEP (later than the current release, with additional assets that were removed) in order to update and split it so it's more a group of individual minimods than a mess of content. How long that will take I'm not entirely sure.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

TJ is again around, isnt he? N1 is. Dont they have a somewhat less work intensive method to get around this? Just saying .. :)
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Red Spot wrote:TJ is again around, isnt he? N1 is. Dont they have a somewhat less work intensive method to get around this? Just saying .. :)
All three of us had equal access to the subversion build. TJ doesn't have a copy and doesn't do much modding any more anyway, and Nielk's copy is somewhere in his massive archive system. There's a list of stuff he needs to find in there and I get the feeling he may need my help to do it anyway. There's stuff in there that's probably escaped memory.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Ah, my bad. Was not aware that you where as much part of it as TJ and N1 are.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I was technically one of the three lead developers, but Nielk and TJ did far more work than I. I was primarily an asset monkey.