G66 mod

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

llVIU
Drunken Scav

G66 mod

Post by llVIU »

it's a really nice mod, but battlezone 2 is filled with bugs, and g66 has a lot more bugs. Too many to count

I downloaded now a new version of g66 mod and now I see this really retarded thing: ai almost does nothing but attack me with 20 ish pilots with bazooka. That is one of the most stupid things I seen in battlezone. How do I remove it?? All I gotta do is get literally any ship and just drive over them because they drive in a line. More annoying is that most of my units are too lazy to attack the pilots so I end up having to drive all the way to the other side of the map because these stupid pilots are destroying my recycler.

So how do I remove the stupid ai from attacking with pilots? Or is there no way and I just gotta use an old version of bz2 with an old version of g66? I turned off the option for ai to attack with pilots but he still attack anyway

Also, I remember g66 having tons of vehicles but I can barely build any types of new ships, I think I missed an option tho.

And I swear... does ghoul tank have LESS hitpoints than a warrior???

also, is there an option to stop the enemy from stealing my ship? or an option to turn off jammer/bombers? I see in g66 he doesn't use bomber anymore. Well, I know it's cheating, but sometimes I can't be bothered with that abusive crap, especially when I play isdf and my pool is near a high mountain. I gotta take the pool back 50 times.

I played g66 a few years ago and it used to be very hard. I put the hard options to maximum with current g66 and it's always very easy. The computer used to attack with all sorts of tanks, heavy tanks, big groups, etc. Now all he does is attack with pilots and scouts, pumas, missile scout. Not even using sabre. Rarely using 1 assault tank that has 4 service trucks

tl;dr I love g66 mod, I wish everyone had it so we can play together, but you must've been on crack when you added that option for AI to attack me 90% of the time with pilots.
the fact that all member registrations, thread and post creations have to be verified by mods is stupid as hell
Red Devil
Recycler

Re: G66 mod

Post by Red Devil »

i think you missed an option.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
mase
Thunderbolt

Post by mase »

Maybe you played in IA mode? That is somewhat broken.

For defense against bomber use rocket towers and rocket tanks with hornet.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

yes, that's probably it. i have an IA dll that'll make you wish for the broken G66 IA. :twisted:
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

Items like "but you must've been on crack" aren't really welcome here. Keep it factual, not inflamed speculation.

-- GSH
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

llVIU wrote:Also, I remember g66 having tons of vehicles but I can barely build any types of new ships, I think I missed an option tho.
Have you noticed the recycler variant options? Most of what G66 allowed you to build in 1.2 you can build using the Greenheart recy variants.
llVIU
Drunken Scav

Post by llVIU »

I got some other newer version now and it seemed to... remove some of the bugs, at least. It's not really informative, but it's an improvement. I don't know, I guess I got used to the pilot thing, even tho it's annoying and stupid... but I have to say, some things NEED to be fixed (talking about mpi maps)

Is there a readme somewhere for the g66 options, because I can't figure out some of them. There's no variant or such btw, no greenheart like there used to be a few years ago. Btw what does the scion breather building do?

remove sniper pilots. Seriously, what the hell?
"pilot lifespan" can be set to 10 seconds, to remove almost completely the option of enemy stealing your ship. This means, 10 seconds after any pilot left a ship, he will die. This includes your pilots.
Rocket tanks with hornets do not attack bomber anymore, and jammer does not stop bomber anymore. What the hell. There's suppose to be a counter for everything in a good game, not have to make me send a scav to a pool 50 times... but other times, bomber ai just stops attacking. And if possible, archers should stop being able to camp on super high hills where nobody can reach them.
the ai can build assault towers, isdf gun towers with weird OP pink st-pulse, and rocket towers that have hornet/shadow... why can he build them, and I can't!? also, he can build scavs and builders at factory. And his scion gun spire have 250 meter range, and rocket towers have 250 range, with increased damage and splash. What a cheater! Also, in some g66 games, the ai has some weird 100% invulnerable tower that can only be removed if I use a builder/constructor to demolish it. That's pretty weird and stupid. It's one thing to have a challenging game, and it's another thing to make it impossible.
one more thing... is this intended or is this just me... the ai builds like 10 constructors/builders at all time, and as soon as I destroy one of his towers, he immediately rebuilds it. He has absolutely infinite scrap with infinite scrap cap, and he has teleporting reinforcements. What a cheater.

Like I said before, there's tons of bugs, but that's my feedback. I think g66 is awesome and everyone should get it, but it has a few flaws that could easily be fixed
GSH wrote:Items like "but you must've been on crack" aren't really welcome here. Keep it factual, not inflamed speculation.

-- GSH
awwww did I hurt your feelings? :( sorry kiddo, please don't cry
the fact that all member registrations, thread and post creations have to be verified by mods is stupid as hell
mase
Thunderbolt

Post by mase »

Bomber stopping to attack seems to be a bug that happens in stock, vsr as well as G66. Seems to be a bigger problem.

As far as options in G66 goes I'd just set the difficulty level and be done with it.

Sometimes rkt tanks stop attacking , telling them to hold should help to reset them.

The AI being stronger then the stock AI is the whole reason for this mod.
There is no other easier method to make the AI stronger.

Edit: It is much better to kill the lungs of gun spires because there is usually only one builder out that will replace them.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

llVIU wrote:
GSH wrote:Items like "but you must've been on crack" aren't really welcome here. Keep it factual, not inflamed speculation.

-- GSH
awwww did I hurt your feelings? :( sorry kiddo, please don't cry
That's the site owner, one of the guys who made the game you're playing and the guy who made the patch you're using on it. I'd mind your step if I were you. :)
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

the reason the bomber stops attacking is that the code doesn't detect the auto-built one quickly enough when the bomber bay is built, so it goes ahead and builds the replacement bomber, jacking things up. i fixed it locally. Coxxon's breather and hive were added just for advanced build dependencies.

i put the defense builders on another team because they were stalling things; now they are independent of the main team. let me know where that invulnerable tower is, which is caused by it building the tower twice.

the archers-on-high hills are to protect against the bomber, but it's not real hard to reach them.

the local build has better advanced defenses you can build.

speaking of pools, i added Natty's pool defense, so it will be harder to take and keep them when i release the new build.

good to see the snipers found you; keep your head down.

if you see a G66 game up hosted by Axeminister, join it.
Abraham Lincoln

mase
Thunderbolt

Post by mase »

There is at least one map with a special spire preplaced on the map. It believe its name was sonic spire and it has a special weapon.
It regains health very quickly making it hard but not impossible to kill.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i like the night lighting in other games like Borderlands 2 and Sniper Elite 3, so i have been 're-engineering' the lighting code so that it doesn't get as dark. you can still see, but the lights on the buildings and ships have a nice effect.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

added turning on the headlights when it starts to get dark, turning off when it starts to get light.
Abraham Lincoln

General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

? What? On AI ? How do u control the headlights?
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

options.graphics.lighting

it affects all craft, whatever
Abraham Lincoln