Battlezone II Remodeled 1.0.8 released 2/21/17

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Juggernaut
Thunderbolt

Re: Battlezone II Remodeled - Available Now!

Post by Juggernaut »

I believe you're talking about ISDF Mission 5- The Dark Planet.
Correct, sorry about that.
The default script for that mission in the patch13.pak[sp] file no longer works properly and makes the mission impossible to complete - even in the stock campaign. Red Devil fixed that with his new version of the script. Its available in the SP mission fixes thread on this site, but it was also included in the separate missions folder that came in my mod zip. Make sure you have a "missions" folder in your addon folder (whether a copy of mine, or one you manually create), and make sure whether from this site, or from my mod download that it contains a copy of his isdf05.dll
When reading through your README the 1st time, it was assumed Red Devil's single player campaign fixes were part of the alpha ('beta') patch, so I did not copy the mission folder over. Will do that and report back. Thanks!
Last edited by Juggernaut on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Specs:
Win 10 Pro 64bit OS
i5 3570K @4.5Ghz CPU
16GB DDR31600 Corsair RAM
MSI Z77A-G41 MOBO
Crucial 256GB SSD | 500GB WD HDD
EVGA REF GTX-970 4GB ACX 2.1 GPU
27" LG D2743 Cinema 3D IPS LED @1920x1080 60Hz
ASUS Xonar DGX APU
Cable Internet - 35Mb/6Mb
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

coxxon wrote: Missiles shooting out of its eyes … awesome. :)
I have seen this before and it is scary: anyone here who has been married can attest to it.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
mase
Thunderbolt

Post by mase »

Re: Dark Planet Mission.

I saw the constructor there try and build a power building which immediately disappeared after it was build, a bit later
the constructor successfully build a power building in a different spot.

Re: Gunspire

The general way to prevent a gs from being killed from under its lung is to place a turret there. They protect each other then.

You are right that the 1.2 patch contained combat versions of weapons on the walker,
so shorter range. But that was also the reason why these where never used in strat or mpi.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

There may be a similar problem with the solar flare, in stock it provides just not quite enough damage to destroy a turret if dropped on it, a boost in damage would enable a skilled pilot to utterly destroy multiple turrets in one attack run, rendering them useless in strat.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

This is awesome. Great work Coxxon!

Might have to come back for a blast this weekend. I've spent so much time trying to make the game in Unreal I've lost touch with the original. I'll also be making these models following a full PBR pipeline at some stage, so it will be nice to get some inspiration for the extra details!

I hear that the Campaign is almost fully functional/playable in 1.3 again as well looking around the forums? Might be something to do on Lunchbreaks again..
Developer @ Stormtide
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2350#p40547 << My UE4 Battlezone Project

ModDB - Battlezone II Unofficial Expansion Pack
Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

Fascinating! Everything looks so good that causes an irresistible desire to add dirt and scratches... BTW, it would be great to see units and buildings damaged. Of course, it requires a lot of work.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Biometal has an explanation of why physical visual damage is impossible, EDD, (Equal Distribution Damage) in theory, when it receives damage, it re-arranges it'self to heal that damage, weakening the whole but keeping it all together in one piece. Eventually, though, it reaches critical point where it can no longer hold together, and the whole unit just explodes.

So, for a unit to show physical damage, it'd have to not be made out of Bio Metal. Which means no fancy fast construction, no regenerating health or ammo, no hovering, and probably some other fancy restrictions. :-/
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

TheJamsh wrote:This is awesome. Great work Coxxon! Might have to come back for a blast this weekend. I've spent so much time trying to make the game in Unreal I've lost touch with the original. I'll also be making these models following a full PBR pipeline at some stage, so it will be nice to get some inspiration for the extra details!
I hear that the Campaign is almost fully functional/playable in 1.3 again as well looking around the forums? Might be something to do on Lunchbreaks again..
Thanks, TheJamsh.
I also hope you can get BZII fully functioning in Unreal, as your work has shown so much potential for the game to exist in UE4.
I haven't messed with UE4 much, but back in the days of Unreal Tournament 2004, I built (but never released) a Halo 2 mod for it - 18 characters (6 UNSC, 6 Cov, 6 Flood), all the weapons, and all vehicles (except Scarab). So I have a little bit of an idea of the task you've undertaken. It's a lot of work, but it can also be very rewarding.
On the campaign, with Red Devil's ISDF05, it is fully playable, and the version in my mod unifies the story it tells, eliminating the contradictory endings of the original.
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

Battlezone II Remodeled 1.0.2 now available
http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlezone-ii-remodeled

This version removes the installer, which was creating erroneous folders, and is now a manual install, mainly of two core files.

A number of direct mod changes were made including the return of stock specials and Gun Spire, though its main weapon is more powerful, and modeling adjustments to the Shrine of Fury and the powerups models, plus a little bit of range increase back to blast cannon c/a.

Old saves will likely be incompatible with the new changes.
Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

Biometal has an explanation of why physical visual damage is impossible, EDD, (Equal Distribution Damage) in theory, when it receives damage, it re-arranges it'self to heal that damage, weakening the whole but keeping it all together in one piece. Eventually, though, it reaches critical point where it can no longer hold together, and the whole unit just explodes.

So, for a unit to show physical damage, it'd have to not be made out of Bio Metal. Which means no fancy fast construction, no regenerating health or ammo, no hovering, and probably some other fancy restrictions. :-/
Biometal explains how damage is regenerated, not damage itself. When someone is shooting at you and you get 90% of damage, your craft does not look like just produced by the factory, ist't it?
Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

Looks like self-repair speed of a Warrior (all Scion uints?) is twice less than before. At the same time, the repairs at the Repair Bay are done two times faster. I feel that it breaks the mission balance and I don't like it. Am I wrong?

P.S. Looks like a Scavenger remains dormant until you explicitly order it to scavenge. Or maybe the watchdog timer timeout has changed?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Progressor wrote:

Biometal explains how damage is regenerated, not damage itself. When someone is shooting at you and you get 90% of damage, your craft does not look like just produced by the factory, ist't it?
Actually GBD is right. The biometal's rearrangement prevents damage from occurring in a single location on the vehicle, instead spreading the damage across all of the biometal in the structure. When you hit a Sabre's flank with an AT-Stabber you are not damaging that side of the vehicle, you are damaging the entire vehicle inside and out. The damage isn't just not visible at that location; it's not visible at all. The integrity of the tank's functional components is compromised before the damage is visually apparent.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

'Twas BZ1's way of explaining overall health vs destructible components.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
DeusExCeteri
Rattler

Post by DeusExCeteri »

General BlackDragon wrote:'Twas BZ1's way of explaining overall health vs destructible components.
Also interestingly, if we accept that Biometal has self-mending properties, BZ2 units should be even less likely to show damage than BZ1 units, as BZ1 units are a prefabricated non-Biometal chassis and internal components with Biometal applied to the outside as armour, whereas BZ2 units are implied to be almost completely Biometal. This also serves to explain why BZ2 units can replenish their own hull and ammo over time.
Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

Ok, we may imagine everything. The thing is that we expect an interesting and fairly realistic game. If enemy is shooting at you and your damage is not visible... laser blast does not scratch your paint... hmm, it's maybe well for the BZ Universe but is far from OUR Universe. Nothing personal against the BZ world but the Wing Commander's Hornet spacecraft returns broken. For examlpe. Zum Beispiel.