Battlezone II Remodeled 1.0.8 released 2/21/17

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

coxxon
Sabre

Re: Battlezone II Remodeled - Available Now!

Post by coxxon »

Progressor wrote:Looks like self-repair speed of a Warrior (all Scion uints?) is twice less than before. At the same time, the repairs at the Repair Bay are done two times faster. I feel that it breaks the mission balance and I don't like it. Am I wrong?
P.S. Looks like a Scavenger remains dormant until you explicitly order it to scavenge. Or maybe the watchdog timer timeout has changed?
Ignore my previous reply to this post. The Warrior II morph addHealth = 9 IS THE DEFAULT 1365/137a amount.
Also, the Scavenger being slow to scavenge is a part of the patches, not my mod (I didn't do anything to affect how it acts).
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

Progressor wrote:Now the range of the Assault tank plasma gun is the same as the guntower and gun sphire guns. Ok but the Traitor's fate mission presumes that you are able to destroy the enemy guntower with your assault tank ("The extended range of your assault tank...").
Nope, the (Bulldog's) plasma_a gun (240?) still out-ranges Gun Towers/Spires (200/210) . I did lower the blast_c and blast_a range to be less than Gun Tower/Spire though so Attilas wouldn't be pseudo (ab)used as assault tanks.
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

Also a quick update, I've done a little more odf tweaking to various objects, usually bringing them closer, or back to, stock version. And have also messed with the Spire some more to prevent the 0.000005% of the time players CSK it. :)
I hope to be releasing my third, and hopefully final for a long while, version of the mod within the next couple of days.
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

Battlezone II Remodeled 1.0.4 now available!
- EDIT - New 1.0.4 version posted that corrects for problems with running the campaign's custom scripts, and contains a more organized installation.
Uninstall any previous version, and be sure to follow the 0 README FIRST text file's instructions. Old save games likely won't work, but pilots should.
- Added a BZIIRemodpatch.pak to hopefully use as a patch file without having users download the entire mod every time, which is mainly textures. Be sure to use the new BZIIRemodeled.cfg in the 1.0.3 download. We’ll see if I actually use it.
- Some more work on the Gun Spire. CSK defense now bounces the player rather than shoots them. Also dropped its cost(65), and its armor(6500 < 7500(1.0.2) > 6000(stock).
- Added Bio-metal mist effect to Service Bay and Dower … since this is mainly an art mod.
- Other changes noted in the changelog.
Last edited by coxxon on Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i'm recompiling the missions i worked on with vs 2013, so that may help
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

Red Devil wrote:i'm recompiling the missions i worked on with vs 2013, so that may help
Actually, I think your missions are working fine since I put them in the missions folder in the zip to be put in the addon.

I'm afraid the ones that I modded for the mod and may have a problem are the ones I put in the pak file. Though I used the .pak/addon/missions path, copying the patch13.pak path, so I'm not sure why the debrief for Core wouldn't be showing. I'm slowly going through the campaign, on a different computer (using pb1365), again and I'm almost to isdf14 which is the first mission I changed so I hope to find out soon if this is a wide problem or just the isdf17 mission (on a different pc with pb137a130) I first saw it in.
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

BZ2 doesn't (can't) load .dll files from inside a .pak, in case that's what you were trying.

-- GSH
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Mission .DLL files only work from a missions sub folder in any path listed in the launch CFG. i.e. "addon/missions" or "BZ2remodeled/missions".

They must be in exactly there, not a sub folder in missions.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

Service trucks are now endlessly repair Gun Spires: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjwifrhalythq85/STGF.jpg?dl=0 Was it made intentionally? The Remodeled is installed over the 1.3.7 a130, mission is "Braddock".
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

Progressor wrote:Service trucks are now endlessly repair Gun Spires: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjwifrhalythq85/STGF.jpg?dl=0 Was it made intentionally? The Remodeled is installed over the 1.3.7 a130, mission is "Braddock".
The Healers/Service Trucks have NOT had their service classification tweakers modified in their odf. Gun Towers/Spires are sorta (vehicle) Turrets, so they would receive repair automatically from service units (at least that's my guess) from the stock odf setup.
Have you only noticed this issue in the Braddock mission, and maybe only on that specific gunspire?
I have an idea what might be happening. I looked at your screenshot and noticed that the Gun Spire is fairly close to the lava on the left. Also the Gunspire's interior extends "below ground." IF that lava (object) is extending underground, which could certainly have been done by the map maker years ago, it could be that the lava is touching the gun spire underground and constantly damaging it, therefore causing the Healers to constantly repair it. (?)
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

GSH wrote:BZ2 doesn't (can't) load .dll files from inside a .pak, in case that's what you were trying. -- GSH
GeneralBlackDragon wrote:Mission .DLL files only work from a missions sub folder in any path listed in the launch CFG. i.e. "addon/missions" or "BZ2remodeled/missions". They must be in exactly there, not a sub folder in missions.
Okay, thanks, your' two's posts confirmed what I had suspected.
EDIT: V 1.0.3 does move them to the addon, and are playable, but since they will overwrite stock dll from there, I'll try to get a v1.0.4 out as soon as I can that clears up that issue.
Last edited by coxxon on Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

About the formatting of your Zip. ATM unzipping the entire thing to the root directory overwrites Stock mission dlls.

Maybe make the zip have them in addon/missions/ folder.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

General BlackDragon wrote:About the formatting of your Zip. ATM unzipping it overwrites Stock mission dlls.
oh crapola, you're right. ... sigh, okay, gotta go make 1.0.4
Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

IF that lava (object) is extending underground, which could certainly have been done by the map maker years ago, it could be that the lava is touching the gun spire underground and constantly damaging it, therefore causing the Healers to constantly repair it. (?)
You are right, the gun spire slowly loses health. Case closed.
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

Battlezone II Remodeled 1.0.4 now available!
New 1.0.4 version posted that corrects for problems with running the campaign's custom scripts, and contains a more organized installation.
Uninstall any previous version, and be sure to follow the 0 README FIRST text file's instructions. Old save games likely won't work, but pilots should.